Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues with glock magpul mags?

Has anyone seen any?

I bought 3 for training and after 2 sessions they wont lock the slide back on the pistol. Id say they've had a combined 500 rounds or so now. First it was one mag when brand new and now its all three and about 95% of the time. Glad I didn't buy more at this point but wondering if anyone else has the issue?

I shot a g17 for about a year and a half in USPSA Carry Optics. 21 round Pmags were my go-to. I don’t think they ever gave me any problems.

Have you cleaned them?

Comment

I've never had issues with them. I have a few of the 17 rounders shooting through a Glock 19. They've been pretty reliable to train with for me. Use OEM for duty use though. Maybe mix them in with good mags and do some malfunction drills. Tap, rack, and dry fire, and reload a fresh mag.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        I shot a g17 for about a year and a half in USPSA Carry Optics. 21 round Pmags were my go-to. I don’t think they ever gave me any problems.

Have you cleaned them?
        They did it right out of the package. I've got some factory glock mags that are as old as the pistol that still run fine. Prolly 11 or 12 years old

Originally posted by Jaq View Post
        I've never had issues with them. I have a few of the 17 rounders shooting through a Glock 19. They've been pretty reliable to train with for me. Use OEM for duty use though. Maybe mix them in with good mags and do some malfunction drills. Tap, rack, and dry fire, and reload a fresh mag.
        That's what I got them for at first. Training only so I didnt have to dump duty mags. If they ran ok i was gonna get more.

Probably not now. They didnt load as easy either IMO

Good news is I emailed them and they have already sent me a return postage slip to repair or replace. I'm good with that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-25-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Bought a few of the 21 rounders for a class.
          1500 rounds over 3 days and had no issue with them.

About 3500 rounds threw them so far with no issues.

Good to hear about the customer service.

Comment

Just kinda thinking out loud here... but it might be something.

I bought a magpul magwell for my gen3 G23 circa ‘07. With it on, the factory magazines wouldn’t quite seat fully. I swapped it over to a gen3 G19 circa ‘14, and it works perfectly. I know one is .40 and one is 9mm, but the frames “should” be identical. The mags from either will fully seat in the other frame without the magwell in place. I think there might be some very small differences in the “older” gen3 glocks, and the newer ones. Maybe something with the mag releases? I know all this magpul glock stuff is relatively new to the market, so they may not have been able to test in the older frames. Again, this is all just speculation, and it may not have anything to with your issues.

With you saying they are harder to load, I would tend to put the blame on the mags and not the gun though. Have you tried the mags in a “newer” frame?

Comment

I bought a pile of KCI mags that are made for the Korean Military, zero issues in the last 6 years and 9 bucks a piece. As far as round count it would be well over 10,000 rds ran in G17 and 19's.

Comment

I haven't had consistent issues but yes, I have had issues with them not locking the slide to the rear. I love magpul rifle mags but dont trust the pistol mags as much

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                  Just kinda thinking out loud here... but it might be something.

I bought a magpul magwell for my gen3 G23 circa ‘07. With it on, the factory magazines wouldn’t quite seat fully. I swapped it over to a gen3 G19 circa ‘14, and it works perfectly. I know one is .40 and one is 9mm, but the frames “should” be identical. The mags from either will fully seat in the other frame without the magwell in place. I think there might be some very small differences in the “older” gen3 glocks, and the newer ones. Maybe something with the mag releases? I know all this magpul glock stuff is relatively new to the market, so they may not have been able to test in the older frames. Again, this is all just speculation, and it may not have anything to with your issues.

With you saying they are harder to load, I would tend to put the blame on the mags and not the gun though. Have you tried the mags in a “newer” frame?
                  I thought about a lot of that also.

I'm using 17 round 9mm mags in a former 40, glock 22 gen 3 frame. I've swapped to 9mm with a new barrel. The pmags are gen 4 and according to them should work as OEM. Everything else internal is factory

When I said harder to load I mean rounds in the mag itself. I try to keep my eyes down range while filling mags. Basically load without looking. The pmags have required me to may more attention than glock mags. Could be me but bullet needs a little more guidance to load IMO.

Just looking it seems like the pmag follower doesnt come high enough in the mag

Maybe I'll try them in my 19 before and mail em back.

TUFFbroadhead, I'll look into those next. Thanks
                  Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-26-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

My only experience with KCI mags are the high capacity ones, they are junk. Only good for some range fun. Broken base plates, and mag bodies. They did run fine, until they didn’t. I guess the standard cap ones are better, I wouldn’t hesitate to try them on TUFF’s recommendation. Another option is ETS for some cheap mags in varying capacities. For hard use I would personally stick to factory mags though.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                      My only experience with KCI mags are the high capacity ones, they are junk. Only good for some range fun. Broken base plates, and mag bodies. They did run fine, until they didn’t. I guess the standard cap ones are better, I wouldn’t hesitate to try them on TUFF’s recommendation. Another option is ETS for some cheap mags in varying capacities. For hard use I would personally stick to factory mags though.
                      I had the same experience with the 31 round or whatever capacity they are Korean mags. I have had issues with ETS mags, but ets sent parts or replacement mags for free.

Comment

I have ran Glock, KCI and ETS Glock mags out of a Ruger PC carbine set up for Glock mags. A few thousand rounds each with the KCI being the most problem some mag ftf/ eject. Ruger reccomended staying away from Glock PMags. So i have stuck to Pmags for the AR.

Comment

Working...
                        X