High country archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High country archery

Looking into their lineup and like what i see... Anyone shoot them? Good/bad?

Mudslinger has one, he's fond of it. I would get in touch with him.

Comment

The only dealer I know of still operating in Texas was out by Lubbock last I checked.

I emailed the company last year asking about where I could locate a dealer in Texas but they never emailed me back. Of course, this was near January so they could have been busy with the ATA show.

Mudslinger is still shooting a Speed Pro X10 as I recall, and it was really fast with a 560gr arrow. I wanna say he was getting speeds in the 280s @ 70/29. They're known for being really fast bows. Also... Bloodtrail used to shoot an Iron Mace, but that was one of their 08' models.

Good luck if you can find a dealer! Most of the people that I know who have shot one have spoken highly of them.

Comment

They are great bows.

Comment

I had an iron mace when it was new, great bow. I was kinda cheating because it was 99%let off. still miss it. you will be happy with it

Comment

I have an HCA speed pro that was supposed to be my back up and my target/tournament bow which now sits in the closet since my shoulder surgery. It has 80 lbs. limbs and shoots extremely fast. I have worked my way back to pulling on my 70 lbs. bow and hope to be able to use the HCA at some point in the spring. If you make it to the Del Rio area your welcome to shoot it if you by chance are left handed.

Comment

I gave him the name and number to a dealer in Midland.

Comment

HCA produces some real good shooting bows and they hold their speed in hunt set ups. I have had several over the past many years, Machined Supreme, Ultra Extreme, Carbon Lite Speed, etc.
                I bought the speed pro when they first came out several years back and all they have done is gotten better. I have the 2015 Speed Pro X10 and it shoots real good, I like it. You will find that it has a deeper valley than most bows which some people do not like, but if you shoot it enough you adjust to it and its great.
                Unlike most I do not shoot carbons out of mine , I still shoot aluminums with QAD Drop Away with 3 inch fletch and still get 320+ FPS.
                Nothing wrong with many bows on the market today but HCA is one of the finest but do to lack of dealers in the area you just don't hear a lot of people shooting them. You can't go wrong with one, you would like the Axis and if you check it out they are coming out with the new X-12 for 2016.

Look me up if you have any questions .

Comment

i wont be able to get out and shoot one since i dont have a dealer close at all. ill just have to order one and find out. i DO like a longer valley, how is the back wall? i shoot back tension and like a solid wall.

Comment

i am really close to pulling the trigger on the axis. i currently shoot a 30" dl on both my bows and a 7/8" d loop to get the trigger into my first knuckle. im 6'3" with a wing span of 78 1/2" wing span. i am looking at getting the 31" mod.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                      i wont be able to get out and shoot one since i dont have a dealer close at all. ill just have to order one and find out. i DO like a longer valley, how is the back wall? i shoot back tension and like a solid wall.
                      Back wall is sweet , I think it has the most improved back wall very solid.

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                        i am really close to pulling the trigger on the axis. i currently shoot a 30" dl on both my bows and a 7/8" d loop to get the trigger into my first knuckle. im 6'3" with a wing span of 78 1/2" wing span. i am looking at getting the 31" mod.
                        Last email from Nathan he did not have any Axis ready but they were shut down for year end inventory. He should have them now and if not he can have it ready in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
                          Last email from Nathan he did not have any Axis ready but they were shut down for year end inventory. He should have them now and if not he can have it ready in a week.

What's the specs on an Axis??

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            What's the specs on an Axis??
                            Specs:

Cam: X-2

Limb: 12 3/4″ Quad Split limbs

ATA: 32.125″ inches

Brace: 7.5″ inches

Peak Draw Weights 60, 70

Draw Lengths** 26″- 32″ modular

Speed up to 330-335 FPS IBO

Comment

here are the specs on the X-12

New X-12

Features:

•Light 3.8 pound with Forged Aluminum Riser

•Smooth drawing and adjustable Trinary II Cam (80% Letoff)

•Barnesdale 13″ 6-layer Laminate limbs with Silver/Black Carbon

•BCY X Premium Custom Bowstrings

•Draw-Length Adjustment 27″-30.5″ without a Bow Press

•HCA’s Patented Rollerguard System

•Solid Stop String Silencer

•New HCA Laser Engraved Grip

The Speed Pro X-12 has a smooth draw and comfortable back wall with the Trinary Cams, giving the bow the shootability that everyone has come to love!

Specifications

Cam T-2 Trinary

Limb 13″ Solid Limbs

Axle-to-Axle 33.125″ inches

Brace Height 7″ inches

Peak Draw Weights 60, 70,

Draw Lengths ** 27″- 30.5″ adjustment

Speed up to 340-345 FPS IBO

Comment

Working...
                              X