Limb Driven Rest Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limb Driven Rest Suggestions

Since my new bow is somewhat sensitive to cable tension I'm looking at limb driven options. My short list is Trophy Taker Smack down, Limb driver, aae pro, and Mathews Down force.

Ideally I want reliable, tunable, tough enough for hunting, and full containment.

Thoughts and experiences? It will be going on a Mathews Chill R.

My two choices would be trophy taker or limbdriver pro v. But i shoot a wb

Comment

I've heard good things about the limb driver pro v, know a guy or two that swear by them.

Comment

I wish I had the cash for a limbdriver pro v...

Comment

The Limbdriver Pro-V was a snap to set up. She shot a Robin Hood about 20 shots after I put it on her bow.

I put one on Mrs bow. It is super simple to set up and tune. The instructions, and videos on their site are really helpful if you've never done one before.

I am pretty impressed with it.

I have a QAD on my bow, but would strongly consider a Pro-V for my next bow.

Popup - IMO, it is worth saving up for.

Comment

On the pro v they have a Mathews specific one, anyone know the difference?

Comment

Ive shot a few of them and I would take the smack down over the others. the LD prov is about the same as far as ease of use and setup, but the smack down is more quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                On the pro v they have a Mathews specific one, anyone know the difference?
                Looks like they took the exact measurement for the mounting hole distance in regards to how far it is in the center of the riser. This will mean easier setup due to effortless alignment with your riser. All you have to do is decide how high or low to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                  Ive shot a few of them and I would take the smack down over the others. the LD prov is about the same as far as ease of use and setup, but the smack down is more quiet.
                  Wonder if the trophy taker supports arrow as long as the LD

Comment

its gonna be pretty much identical because the limb cycle isnt going to change. the only real difference would be how fast the springs push the launcher down when the likmbs slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                      its gonna be pretty much identical because the limb cycle isnt going to change. the only real difference would be how fast the springs push the launcher down when the likmbs slack.
                      Isn't that backwards, limbs returning to rest pull launcher arm down right? I am thinking I like the TT design better at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                        Isn't that backwards, limbs returning to rest pull launcher arm down right? I am thinking I like the TT design better at this point.
                        sorry, you are correct, the spring holds the arm up when drawn and the limb pulls it down then they return to rest. However like I was saying the limbs will always be the driving factor on the fall of the arm so the duration of arrow support shouldnt change.

Comment

the rubberized ring and full containment on the tt are also a benefit over the LD.

Comment

I would go with the Pro V I have been shooting one for a little over a year and love it. TT has a issue with vane clearance on the cage with higher profile vanes. And I have done several spot and stalks with my Pro V and never had a need for the full containment.

Comment

Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro...no vane clearance issues for me utilizing Easton Axis factory crest / vanes. Left a QAD...ain't looked back.

Comment

Working...
                              X