SABOed a Thunder Chicken!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SABOed a Thunder Chicken!!

Finally got back in turkey woods. I haven't killed a bird since 2008. I was pumped to see what I could do with My Bowtech Experience and Sabo sight. Was kinda a slow morning since I didn't have time to roost some bird the night before. I knew the birds would be some where close to the big creek that runs through the ranch. About mid morning a hear some hens purring but no gobbler. Well as luck would have it the hens came straight into my turkey decoys and with them was this nice tom. He came in quite never drummed or gobbled. He stood at 10 yards all strutted up in front of my double bull pop up, i settled my video camera on him.Once the red dot from my Sabo was on where his thigh meets his body and let the gobbler getter broad head do it's job! As the. Tom took his last flaps and died right in my camera frame I noticed that I forgot to hit REC!!! Talk about going from a highest of highs to the lowest of lows!
    So here is why, in 2008 I was lucky enough to shoot a very big bird. Which after I learned he could of been a possible Tx archery record for that year and didn't film it or get any harvest picture with it. I just fried it up. So I had told myself the next turkey I killed will be on film and I will get some good harvest pictures with it. So here we are 6 yrs later and I get another chance at good thunder chicken,and forget to hit record!
    Oh well, but I did get some pictures.
    Here they are.
    Bird had 10" beard and 1" spurs.

Great pictures!

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very cool. I hope to have my first bird on the ground in 2 weekends from now. Hope I don't forget to press record

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice bird!

Comment

Great picture! That whiskey barrel and old pickup really add to the photo, along with you and your bird of course. Congrats!

Comment

Where'd you shoot him?

Comment

Guadalupe county.

Comment

Awesome pictures. Congrats on a nice bird. Go get another one and hit record!

Comment

that is a really nice picture. and a nice turkey.

Comment

Awesome Tom, congrats!

Comment

Nice bird ! Uuhh, how you gettin' home ? Your truck ain't got no wheels on it !

Comment

Bootyful bird bro congrats

Next time hit the record button please

Comment

great Pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X