Slick Tricks for Hogs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick Tricks for Hogs ???

I was looking to get another set of Slick Tricks for hunting hogs. The question is, which set of 100gr slick tricks to go with?

Any advice or recommendations?

Here is the link for pictures and specs…

Thanks

Duane

What are u shooting now?

Comment

LOL… That is not a simple answer...

I have a NIB package of 100gr Standard ST’s

I bought them threw Obsession Archery when I bought my Outlaw last year. They were recommended simple because they are suppose to have the same POI as my field points. (I will confirm this before I take them hunting…)

These are for the Outlaw which I haven't even hunted with yet...

Here is what I have been using. I hand sharpen them on a Lanskey until both sides shave.

I have been using 135gr Zwickey's out of my Hoyt HavocTec. I sighted the bow in with 125gr field points and the figured out where the broad head’s zero was fore each of my pins… Yes it was work… Yes it was worth it… Yes I was smart enough to write that info down on an index card so I wouldn’t forget… LOL

Here is what the Zwickey's have done for me...

Hog at 15 yards out of a tree stand...

Left pictures are entry holes and right are exits...

Hog at 30 yards...

Exit wound...

Right is entry and left split the rib going out...

Same hog with a yote that was taken at 20 yards with the Zwickey.

Comment

I put a magnum 100 through a 250lb boar. Right through the shoulder plate into the vitals. Left a massive blood trail and he died in 30 yards. I'm happy with the mags for everything.

Comment

I like the standard.

Comment

I have shot quite a few hogs with the Grizztricks and was very pleased with the blood trails

Comment

I don't think which ST you choose will matter. The thing that counts is the sharpness of the BH. I shoot the magnums, ensuring that the blades are razor sharp.

Comment

I like the 100 mags. Had a hard quartering shot on a 200 lb hog and went through the shoulder and blew about a 1/2 foot of intestines out the exit. I haven't hunted with any other broadhead since.

Comment

Big Hog; Quartering away behing elbow. He will spill blood.

Comment

Originally posted by TCTex View Post
                    LOL… That is not a simple answer...

I have a NIB package of 100gr Standard ST’s

I bought them threw Obsession Archery when I bought my Outlaw last year. They were recommended simple because they are suppose to have the same POI as my field points. (I will confirm this before I take them hunting…)

These are for the Outlaw which I haven't even hunted with yet...

Here is what I have been using. I hand sharpen them on a Lanskey until both sides shave.

I have been using 135gr Zwickey's out of my Hoyt HavocTec. I sighted the bow in with 125gr field points and the figured out where the broad head’s zero was fore each of my pins… Yes it was work… Yes it was worth it… Yes I was smart enough to write that info down on an index card so I wouldn’t forget… LOL

Here is what the Zwickey's have done for me...

Hog at 15 yards out of a tree stand...

Left pictures are entry holes and right are exits...

Hog at 30 yards...

Exit wound...

Right is entry and left split the rib going out...

Same hog with a yote that was taken at 20 yards with the Zwickey.
                    Nice pics

Comment

How are slicktricks accuracy? My bow is tuned, will they fly true as FP's even at distance?

Comment

If it were hogs only the Razor or Viper. For all around the ST Mag.

Comment

I think the first advice I got was by far the best.

Pick a Slick Trick, shoot a 60+ bow, and keep your distance under 30=dead hog…

After looking at the review over on Cabela’s web sight and seeing a few posters taking elk with the standard ST’s, I will probably go with them.

Duane

Ps,
                          Raypo, Thanks!
                          I hunt on a budget and have yet to pay for a lease in 7 years. Hunting on the Navy base was just like hunting on public land, but I found “my spot.” LOL For me, hunting is just as much “putting food on the table” is it is spending time with my family and being in God’s great outdoors! My wife and I even process all our game ourselves. It is awesome have a wife that has a degree in agriculture from A&M!

40lbs of sausage mixed with 1lb of sharp cheddar cheese and 1 lb of seeded jalapeños…

Comment

Those'll work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              If it were hogs only the Razor or Viper. For all around the ST Mag.
                              What's your thoughts on using the same Razor Tricks or Viper Tricks for Whitetail? Any pros/cons? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X