What is the most solid bow out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most solid bow out there?

I have been shooting a PSE of Years and Love them. I have been thinking of buying a new bow but i want something solid. I dont want to have to buy another bow in a couple years.

I love my PSE! I have shot matthews, bowtech, hoyt, ect.... and nothing feels quite as right has my PSE. I like the fact that it feels like the bow wants to jump out of the release. When I have shot other bows it feels like there is a lag between the cams and my release (if that makes any sense). I have a good friend that loves that feeling though when he shoots his Bowtech Destroyer. Best advice is to find a local archery shop that knows what they sell and shoot a few bows. As the saying goes "to each their own", so get out there and let a few fly and see what you like. You can find great bows from all manufacturers in practically any price range.

Comment

I shot Matthews for 12+ years and loved them...however, my latest love is Bowtech. You can't go wrong with either company.

Comment

The best bow and the most "solid" bow for you will be the one yu choose based on shooting as many brands and models as possible and picking the one you like the best. I another words, I really do not think there is such a critter.

Comment

Elite.

Comment

Is High Country still in the game..... If not, I love me some bowtech

Comment

Yes HCA is still in the game and making a comeback. CS is going good and the bows they are making seem to be on par with the rest. Very fast for the BH they have. Not sure if they will return to the glory they saw in the 90's, too much water under the bridge and too many bridges burned. I currently shoot an 09 Speed Pro and it has worked very well for me, but I am pretty biased towards HCA since I have shot one of their bows since 1989.

Comment

the bow that feels best in your hands and that your confident with.

I hate to be cliche but as the designs get more and more different to appeal to different people the more unalike they are.

I shot bowtechs for a number of years but then changed to the mathews. I think mathews is much smoother at the cost of a lot of speed.

you can get even faster then bt with a variety of bows and configurations. If your looking to drop the coin on a bow, take the time to shoot a few. You'd be surprised at what feels right to you. I shoot a new BT and can't stand it compared to my Mathews but have friends that would say the same about my bow.

Comment

Honestly,for my pick of "most solid" would be Quest. Not just because I like them and think they're great bows. Head over to Archerytalk and do a search. One of the very few that have excellent reviews and quality. Athens is another one. The big name bows have more sales and plenty of issues. Athens and Quest are top notch and rarely have a bad review. Outstanding products,attention to detail,and built tough. CS is top notch also,from what I've been told.

That,to me, is considered "Solid". In all areas. Not popularity,advertising,and over-pricing.
                  This isn't meant as a bash on anyone's brand of choice. JMO

Forgot to add that New Breed and Obsession are in that list,also. Do your research and see what I'm talking about.
                  Last edited by HawgEnvy; 01-27-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

The PSE Brute X at under $400 is worth a look.
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd-Wi1KyLCc"]2012 PSE Brute X - Store Promo - YouTube[/ame]

Plumb purdy in Skullworks camo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Elite, Elite, Elite.

Comment

Depends on what your price range is and your personal tastes. Right now the best bagn for your buck bow IMHO is the Bowtech Assassin.

I suggest you go to the Bow Shop in Lampasas, forgot the name, and try all they have.

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
                          Depends on what your price range is and your personal tastes. Right now the best bagn for your buck bow IMHO is the Bowtech Assassin.

I suggest you go to the Bow Shop in Lampasas, forgot the name, and try all they have.
                          Knocked and Loaded

Comment

Best bang for the buck are Mission bows, made by Mathews.
                            Maybe not the fastest but are dead quiet and shoot like the old Switchbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                              Elite, Elite, Elite.
                              oh yeah did he say ELITE, that's all you need to know

Comment

Working...
                              X