Martin onza XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin onza XT

Anyone have one or shot one? . I want a new bow. Noticed the onza XT is finally 31" draw. I really want hoyt spyder 34 but don't like the price of a new one. I have been a faithful hoyt guy sense the defiant. So maybe looking at the onza XT as a crutch till i find a used spyder 34. Just wanting some feed back.

Never shot one one but always wanted too ppl I know that have shot it said it was a sweet shooter but the strings are garbage.

Comment

I would love to have one.

Comment

Why not just wait until you can get the bow you really want? It is a good bow, and I am sure it will do everything you want it to, but if it is not the bow you really want, something about it will always disappoint you.

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt AM35 now and I'm looking for a little more speed. I went from a 38" ATA to a 35" ATA now looking at going to a 34 or 33" ATA. The only new bow I have ever purchased and the shortest bow I ever had was a Mathews FX for a very very short time. Lets just say that was my last short bow and last Mathews. I just want to make sure I can handle a shorter bow befor shelling out 900 on the spyder sense I can't find a used one. 500 hundred dollar mistake is better than a 900 dollar one. That's the only reason why I'm thinking going to the onza.

Comment

I have a Martin Saber and just got a 2013 Martin Bengal. Was looking at the Onza, but the Bengal has a shorter ATA, which is what I was looking for since I do most of my hunting from a tree. That being said, if it shoots half as nice as my Bengal (which by the reports I've seen it probably shoots better) you'll love it. As for the strings, I haven't had ANY problems with the Hammerhead strings. No peep rotation, no problems with stretching or fraying. Serving is still all intact. I love my Martins. And I love the price on them even better!

Comment

Check out the Martin Tech forum. You'll get all the info you need and then some

Comment

save up and get the bow you really want.

Comment

Working...
                X