Lighted Nocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted Nocks

What is the lighted nock to buy now? I am done with Nocturnals. They have reengineered them so that they are one shot wonders, and that when they break, they will take your $15 arrow along with it.

Nocturnal

Lumenoks are good until you hit the animal then they turn off. The nap ones didn’t last but a couple shots for me. The fire nock ones are supposed to be good but pricey
    Last edited by kd350; 01-25-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Amazon. I have some of these in my bag if you'd like to try them next time.

Kids and I are getting multiple kills per nock out of these.

Comment

I had one of the new nocturnals break off in my $16 FMJ arrow after the buck I shot on closing day. But they have been shot at a target a few times

Comment

ive always used nockturnals and when i had them in my 5mm axis they seemed to work ok....last season i used a smaller diamater arrow from vforce- vap series and that smaller sized nock was garbage...went thru several with the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Mary shoots an Axis and I shoot FMJs so we are going to experiment with the X nock size of these.

JIEXI HWYP Automatical Lighted Nocks for Inner Diameter 5.3mm Gold Tip Arrows X Size Pack of 6 (red)

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
            I had one of the new nocturnals break off in my $16 FMJ arrow after the buck I shot on closing day. But they have been shot at a target a few times
            I have now had 3 break off. I got two out, but the third took a perfectly good FMJ out with it. That was enough for me to chunk those dang Nocturnals.

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
            ive always used nockturnals and when i had them in my 5mm axis they seemed to work ok....last season i used a smaller diamater arrow from vforce- vap series and that smaller sized nock was garbage...went thru several with the same problem
            Yeah, it is one thing when they break. If it goes through a deer and gets hosed, one can simply chalk it up to the cost of doing business. But when it takes a perfectly good arrow out with it (after a miss ) that is simply unacceptable.

Comment

i had used everything on the market and swore off all of them about 6 years ago,,, too me they are all junk,,, now i just use neon pink feathers!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Thes are what I use also. I do use a reflective wrap also so if a nock does fail, the arrow is alot easier to find with a flash light. It looks white and shows great blood but is highly reflective lol. You can see how reflective it is just from the flash of the camera in this pic.
                Attached Files

Comment

There was a thread recently comparing amazon nocks to nocturnals. I believe they were called deepower and had good reviews

Comment

I use Onestringer reflective wraps also.

Comment

I'm trying out Deep Power nocks from Amazon.

Comment

I gave up on using lighted knocks. I now fletch my arrows with 3 neon blazers with a 4 inch bohning wrap the same color as the vanes. You’d be surprised how well you can see it

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                          I gave up on using lighted knocks. I now fletch my arrows with 3 neon blazers with a 4 inch bohning wrap the same color as the vanes. You’d be surprised how well you can see it
                          I too gave up on lighted nocks. Junk! I did the same thing with fletching and wraps but all white.

Comment

I like the idea of the reflective wraps. That's a 100% solution that's not going to not work due to a battery or breaking off. My question is if you are hunting in a treestand where you're somewhat visible - do you think deer can pick upon the reflection? They talk about detergents for your clothes that have UV and optical blockers. Has anyone read on deer being able to pick up on reflecting items?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies96 View Post
                              I like the idea of the reflective wraps. That's a 100% solution that's not going to not work due to a battery or breaking off. My question is if you are hunting in a treestand where you're somewhat visible - do you think deer can pick upon the reflection? They talk about detergents for your clothes that have UV and optical blockers. Has anyone read on deer being able to pick up on reflecting items?

Nature is full of reflecting items. If the animal is color blind I don’t think it makes much difference. There’s always a salesman trying to pull the wool over someone’s eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X