Weird.....dead buck.....no trauma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird.....dead buck.....no trauma

Went to the mother in law's house to take down a ground blind and found a dead buck. Just a little 2x2 that we have lots of pictures of. Interesting thing is I found no trauma that would have caused his death. Hasn't been dead very long. His manhood seems to be distended and he had lots of red on his gums and his tongue looks like it has slipped into the back of his throat. I sent photos to the TPWD biologist and game warden.

I realized that a deer can just die but it was very interesting to me. 200 yards from a county road. No signs of a bullet or getting hit by a car.

Just hoping it's not something moving through the deer herd. Anybody have any ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210117_190431692.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	25238854

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Interested to hear what the biologist and green jeans say.

Comment

Maybe got his manhood caught on a rusty wire and blood poisoning got him. That’s pretty thin but at this point it’s speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting that no varmints or birds have messed with it. Maybe just died but doesn't look like it.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          Interesting that no varmints or birds have messed with it. Maybe just died but doesn't look like it.
          I told my wife the same thing...that buzzards and yotes usually won't eat a sick critter. I know there are lots of coyotes here, heck I shot a doe and in 42 minutes they had gotten to her and started eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            I told my wife the same thing...that buzzards and yotes usually won't eat a sick critter. I know there are lots of coyotes here, heck I shot a doe and in 42 minutes they had gotten to her and started eating.
            Never heard that before.

Comment

Or an animal struck by lightning!

Comment

Pretty strange...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well this happened last year and biologist had no idea what happened. Rotten **** Syndrome I guess.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                    Well this happened last year and biologist had no idea what happened. Rotten **** Syndrome I guess.
                    Looks to me like he may have been with the WRONG girl to me

Comment

Lightening does weird things.

I know live oak trees killed by lightening do not make as good of coals for bbq as regular oak trees. And have heard scavengers don’t like lightening killed animals. Tree I know for sure by experience, cattle killed by lightening and not eaten right away by scavengers is just second hand knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                        Tell the truth, did you touch it?

Comment

I’ve heard of horses having something go wrong with their junk and staying stuck out and it drying out... maybe same type of thing with the deer above?
                          As far as the OP’s post I ain’t got a clue.

Comment

Could've just ran himself ragged chasing does.

Comment

He still could have been hit by a car and made it that far w/o massive external damage. I have unfortunately hit a couple of deer that it did not kill and they did not look worse for wear. He could have had some internal injuries from getting hit and bled out internally or gone into shock or something.

I found a little buck on the side of the road by my house that was barely alive. He'd been hit by a car and was laying on his back in the ditch. When I found him he was breathing but totally out of it. He had no signs of injury other than he was laying in a ditch totally out of it and panting hard and totally non-responsive when I rolled him over.

Comment

Working...
                              X