No announcement yet.

Does my trailer need a license plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for it. Tags on my trailer expired in 06. I pulled it to Georgia and back last month.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had a problem. Even when stopped, I just play dumb.

"I just wire that dang thing on with a new piece of bailing wire right before we left the barn."

They just laugh and give ya a warning.

Comment

I was raised by a horse trader. I have pulled trailers all over this country without plates. If you get busted for doing it this one time I will buy you supper.

-john

Comment

I’ve just gotten temporary paper plate when hauling one of my trailers that normally stays on my property. I believe you’re allowed to get them up to 3 times a year.

If you’re not going to be using it on the roadways but this time then that’s a cheap and legal option

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            Lol,yeah..I lost my plate,blah,blah...10 mins on the side of the road will tell them errrrthing they need to know..It was a little 4x8..I got hit for a farm tagged trailer years ago too..Hauling carpet on it..Yeah,another ticket.
            I think you just got bad luck. Or maybe you dated that troopers sister back in the day or something

And I seen farm tags on a boat trailer.

Comment

And I seen farm tags on a boat trailer.[/QUOTE]

That's funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                I've got a 16 foot farm trailer that I need to move from one ranch to another. It hasn't ever been registered or licensed. The way I'm reading the rules. If it grosses less than 4000 pounds and is a farm trailer it doesn't need a license plate. I can just hook on and go. Anybody know for sure?
                Just put a Biden decal on your truck and roll with it. Leo will know you're an idiot and give ya a pass.

Comment

I say just run it, be mindful of the road beers when doing sketchy things with a trailer though. Dont let a small trailer issue get you on the hook for a open container ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                    And I seen farm tags on a boat trailer.

That's funny!!![/QUOTE]

What, you never heard of a fish farm?

Comment

If it's just a one and done trip, I'd roll the dice. However, as someone else mentioned, just make sure the trailer is up for a 150 mile trip; i.e. wheel bearings packed, check tires, etc. Honestly, you probably would be more likely to get a ticket if seen stuck on the side of the road.

I'd also make sure the lights work for that long of a trip, even if it meant using the temporary ones. To me, this is more of a safety issue, rather than legality. If it were a 10 mile trip on back roads, I'd probably say screw it, but jumping out on the highway, probably not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I’ve just gotten temporary paper plate when hauling one of my trailers that normally stays on my property. I believe you’re allowed to get them up to 3 times a year.

If you’re not going to be using it on the roadways but this time then that’s a cheap and legal option
                        Try this with the harbor freight stick-on lights. Throw some brush on it(like your workin'!) and tie it down good and roll. If it ain't leavin' the ranch once it gets there, why bother with all that other mess. Got an old brush hauler beater trailer with no tag. They get enough of my money with four other trailers.

Comment

Roll on

Comment

Working...
                          X