No announcement yet.

Problems with The Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing but" the timer"on all my feeders. About 3 years ago they had a bad batch. I believe that they have a 5 year warranty. Make sure that the battery in the timer is replaced.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I have nothing but" the timer"on all my feeders. About 3 years ago they had a bad batch. I believe that they have a 5 year warranty. Make sure that the battery in the timer is replaced.

The only thing that AA battery does is keep time and your selections when you unhook from the feeder battery. When the feeder battery is hooked, up it covers everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        The only thing that AA battery does is keep time and your selections when you unhook from the feeder battery. When the feeder battery is hooked, up it covers everything.
        This.

We change them at the start of every season and have never had any issues other than them getting shorted out by racoons swinging from the wires and arcing them to the boxes. Electric tape wrapped at the holes has stopped this and wasps. The timer is the only one we use on our 12 feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          That's what I thought but the top battery indicator was flashing. By replacing the batteries it quits flashing. But I know what you are saying.

Comment

Never had a problem getting one replaced. They back up their warranty

Comment

We've got a brand new one that is feeding in the morning, but won't throw in he evening. Anyone had this problem?

I'm going back Thursday. I'll try the reset button and see what happens.

Anyone else tried something different?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                We've got a brand new one that is feeding in the morning, but won't throw in he evening. Anyone had this problem?

I'm going back Thursday. I'll try the reset button and see what happens.

Anyone else tried something different?
                Make sure you have the feed rate set for the evening throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerman3 View Post
                  Make sure you have the feed rate set for the evening throw.
                  It's set.

Comment

We have 4 different "the timers" go off and throw over 2000 lbs of corn out are we the only ones with this problem

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

No. A buddy of mine has had a few do the same thing. Has cost him hundreds of dollars in corn.

Apparently, a bad batch made in 2019. He said the serial either starts or ends in “19” signifying year of production. Not sure if that’s a fact or not. Would be nice if they would clarify this, once and for all, so guys would stop losing tons of money in corn, and having hunts ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                        No. A buddy of mine has had a few do the same thing. Has cost him hundreds of dollars in corn.

Apparently, a bad batch made in 2019. He said the serial either starts or ends in “19” signifying year of production. Not sure if that’s a fact or not. Would be nice if they would clarify this, once and for all, so guys would stop losing tons of money in corn, and having hunts ruined.
                        Yeah the one that did it was new.

Comment

Yeah the one that did it was new.

Well, could’ve been “old stock” from 2019, or could be another bad batch.

My next ones will be “Plan B” or Foreverlast. Not saying they’re better, but haven’t heard of any serious issues with THEM, and I’d rather have one fail and stop working, than dump 600 lbs of corn...

Comment

We have 4 different "the timers" go off and throw over 2000 lbs of corn out are we the only ones with this problem

HeLLLL no Pat...a BUNCH of folks have had the same thing happen. Do a search...there are several threads on here about this. Heck...here is just the latest one.

Comment

I got one to inspect here shortly.

But I'm a broke Richard so only 200 lbs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of threads on the timer and their issues with a "bad batch". Used to be the best but not anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X