No announcement yet.

Port Isabel Lodging and Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy's Cajun is very good. Dirty Als for fried seafood.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Cap N Roys. Blackened shrimp and fish. Their fumi salad is amazing. It's like coleslaw. Nothing fancy. Good lunch spot.

Trust me, just stay on the island.

Louie's Backyard buffet is pretty good. Hard to beat self serve all you can eat crab legs. The upstairs sports bar is a good place to hang out and has good food. Try the mesquite grilled fajitas.

For a no frills beachfront motel with a tiki bar and grill try the Wanna Wanna.

Thanks BoB. Great info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        My absolute favorite italian food place is Gabriellas on the Island.
        We do a few Thursday, Friday, Saturday night trips down here and it is Gabriela's all 3 nights. Sometimes I even bring a Sicilian pizza home. Have not had a bad meal from there.

We have added Manuel's gigantic burrrrritos for the drive back Sunday. They are legit.

Call ahead for both places.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Cap N Roys. Blackened shrimp and fish. Their fumi salad is amazing. It's like coleslaw. Nothing fancy. Good lunch spot.

Oh yeah. Cap’n Roy’s is good stuff!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            We do a few Thursday, Friday, Saturday night trips down here and it is Gabriela's all 3 nights. Sometimes I even bring a Sicilian pizza home. Have not had a bad meal from there.
            Yep.....it's truly that good!!!

Comment

Evening bump

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                We'll be staying at the Port Isla Inn in January. I stayed there before. nice place, inexpensive and has a kitchen(no utensils though).

It is across the road from H.E.B.

Booked here. $228 out the door for four nights.
                And good ratings per Expedia.

Comment

You did better than me. There 2 of us though. Dominoes and a happy juice store in walking distance. Real close.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    You did better than me. There 2 of us though. Dominoes and a happy juice store in walking distance. Real close.

Two of us too. Brother is going to go fishing while I’m hunting. I like to hit local eateries when I’m in a new town.

Comment

Try Joe's Oyster Bar on the Port Isabel side for a good meal. They also sell fresh seafood if you want to cook yourselves.

Comment

Joe’s
                        Mexiquito
                        Gabriellas
                        Dirty Al’s
                        Capn Roys
                        Lobo Del MAr
                        Liams...$$
                        Grapevine for breakfast

Spend 40-50 days a year on the island and we hit these spots more than others.

Comment

Blackbeard's on the Island. Louie's Backyard has an awesome buffet.

Hunted Laguna for many years. Los Fresnos native. No way I was ever up for much of anything after hunting all day.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                            For a nice inexpensive place stay at the White Sands motel and marina.

IMO the best food in PI is at Isabel's, Manuel's and Gulf Seafood(Joe's Oyster Bar). The Dirty Al's at Pelican Station is pretty good. I prefer the one on the island.

My absolute favorite italian food place is Gabriellas on the Island. Several good places on the island.
                            X2 I live about 30 mins from PI and I eat at all the places mentioned above. Manuel’s has a taco that’s like 1.5 feet lol.

Comment

I would not stay on the island. There's only one way on and off and on case of accidents the causeway could get necked up. The port isla inn is good I hear. Blackbeard's is good to eat and also Marcello's in pi. Also watch your speed, even in Laguna vista. I've lived here since 83. Enjoy your hunt. Mexiquito breakfast tacos better than Manuel's and my mother in law runs it.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by gemini2759; 11-10-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Two of us too. Brother is going to go fishing while I’m hunting. I like to hit local eateries when I’m in a new town.

If you eat nothing else while you are there, get a couple of the large tortillas with butter from either Isabels or Manuels. Manuel was the cook at Isabels when I was a kid so the food is very similar.

Best tortillas from anywhere IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X