No announcement yet.

Brow tines or dog catchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were always referred to as Dog Catchers growing up in East Texas. I’ve transitioned to brow tines over the years.

Comment

I still call them dog catchers

Comment

1s. G1s, Eye Guard's, Brows, Dog Catchers it all works.

Comment

Dog catchers and brow tines used interchangeably since I can remember. Hill Country and South Tx

Comment

I have always called them brow tines, but I hear people call them dog catchers all the time.

Comment

Coming up as a kid dad always called them dog catchers. I still use that term.

Comment

Yes

Comment

They were always called dog catchers when I was going up. I've seemed to have transitioned to brow tines over the years.

Comment

I have heard them called everything that has already been stated, but I grew up with them as being referred to as dog catchers.

Comment

I grew up in east Texas when we could still run dogs and yes we called them dog catchers then but now I call them brow tines or G-1

Comment

Brow tines is all I knew growing up. Recently I've heard them called eye guards, dog catchers, and G1's.

Comment

Grew up in hill country and called them “dog catchers“. It’s what my grandpa called them and his dad before him did as well. I still call them that interchangeably with brow tines.

Comment

As many others have said, I'm born and raised in the Hill Country (Fredericksburg) and we called them "Dog Catchers" growing up. Anywhere else I'll say Brows or Browtines but when I go home, I seem to always fall back to my old ways!

Comment

Dog catchers is what we called them when I was growing up, now I hear brow tines majority of the time. May have something to do with TV shows.

Comment

They were always dog catchers until scoring of antlers became popular...
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X