Looky what I caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
    It looks like a green anole. Brown anoles have more patterns on their skin.
    I assure you he will turn green.

I didn't realize they were a rare thing up in Dallas. Who knew?

Comment

I am confused as rare or odd. We as kids incorrectly called them Chameleons. They are green or brown pending their environment. I have masses around the house in Georgetown. Along with Geckos. My pup, rest her soul, loved to chomp and leave the carcass. Ate a few as well. These seem to be basic Anoles. The one in pic with a high ridge on the back is a new one to me? Had one that would come and sit with me in my garage. Odd lizards.

Comment

I like lizards of all kinds. I have not seen any of those around our place.

Comment

Cool looking!!

Comment

Aren’t you suppose to kill the brown ones, invasive species?

Comment

Green anoles can have the dorsal crest.

The head on the one you caught looks just like a green anole that is currently mostly brown. Like CastandBlast said, maybe it's a hybrid.

Comment

Yeah. My boys have killed over sixty brown anoles during the quarantine. Our browns have more stubby heads and more significant/vibrant patterns on their backs than the lizard you caught. We would call that a dark green anole down here.

Comment

Green anoles turn brown when distressed.

Comment

Looks like good Bass bait to me either way green brown don’t matter lol .

Comment

We have the new Anoles, and that is not one of them. The brown anoles have a “scaled” lookin back.

This is a picture of the invasive brown anole

Last edited by Greenheadless; 04-21-2020, 10:24 PM.

Comment

My brother in Jacksonville Fl. has Lizards (don't know one from the other) around his house. We were just talking about Fly Fishing for them during lock down. Told him I think it would work with a size 20 fly.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Feral cats and bluejays love em too. Even the spiny lizards are on their menu around here. Cats and bluejays don't last long in my yard cause I have a blue heeler and a blue lacy that don't take kindly to trespassers. My dogs don't bother the lizards.
                          Copperheads love them too

Comment

The Gieco Insurance spokesman.....nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              We have the new Anoles, and that is not one of them. The brown anoles have a “scaled” lookin back.

This is a picture of the invasive brown anole

^^^^ This is the one thats taking over. My sisters house/neighborhood in Katy,Tx is absolutely over run with them. You could kill 50 easily in a day with those powerful nerf guns that shoot the yellow balls. They are a lot more active in the trees, yards, house walls than the common green anole.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                I like lizards of all kinds. I have not seen any of those around our place.
                                Me too, except lot lizards.

Comment

Working...
                                X