wood working question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wood working question

I posted a question awhile ago about table saws ? and now have another one, what would be more useful a table saw,radial arm,compound sliding miter saw or all 3 ??? just for making stuff for the lease around the yard like chairs, picnic tables,outdoor stuff................

compound

Comment

What he said ^

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb1206 View Post
        compound
        This

Comment

If your cutting sheet goods..plywood, then table saw.
          Anything else, a sliding mitre saw is what you need.

Comment

Table in my view.

Comment

I get by with a jointer, planer, tablesaw and router. I had a cheap miter saw which I sold and I do miss it. Small and portable and as long as you aren't cutting panels like plywood it works great. I've never really had a time where a radial arm saw would have really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                If your cutting sheet goods..plywood, then table saw.
                Anything else, a sliding mitre saw is what you need.
                This^^^

Table saw is critical for joints and sheets.

Comment

Radial arm will all the things the others will do!

Comment

If your looking for someone to say all 3 then here I am. Go and get all 3.[emoji3]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Technically a circular saw will do all three. ��

Comment

Chop saw is pretty handy but s table saw will do everything

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          Chop saw is pretty handy but s table saw will do everything
                          Yep--Redial arm isn't as accurate on long cuts in my experience, and the chop/miter saw won't rip long pieces. Table saw with good fence will do it all.

Comment

You will need both a table saw and a miter saw to do any serious projects, as well as basic ones with any efficiency. You really don't need a slider unless you plan to do laminate flooring or need the cross-cutting capacity. Most 10" non-sliders will cut a 2x8, 12" non-sliders will cut 10", 10" sliders will cut 12", and 12" sliders will cut 14".

For table saws, the larger ones that are still portable/folding are the way to go for most uses.

Radial arm saws aren't commonly used anymore, not to say they are worthless, just that they aren't needed with a miter + table saw.

Comment

I've built a lot of stuff with a miter saw, a circular saw, jig saw and chalk string. There's a few times I'd of liked to of had a table saw but haven't ever bought one. Been looking at them a while and a good planer. Of all of them I'd prolly get the table saw and a good compound miter.

Comment

Working...
                              X