Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 28

Happy 4th weekend to all!

Similar target to previous couple, with a little twist: going to shoot it quartering away. The target is a piece of 8.5"x 11" copy paper placed horizontally. Four inches from each side edge of paper draw vertical lines from top to bottom of paper. Scribble vertical "fur" all over paper. The middle area between the two vertical lines will be "scores" or "hits". To score, count the "hits" between the lines and measure the one "hit" closest to the line nearest shooter -- the measured arrow is potentially a tie-breaker.

So, target face should be quartering-away about 45 degrees (either direction) from you, and your target is the vertical line closest to you -- however, hitting "outside" the line doesn't count as a "hit" because it would be too far back and likely wound an animal or be a difficult recovery. Picture a medium pig quartering-away, and you need to impact fairly far back but not too far.

First three shots of a day as follows: (and up to three days' of tries allowed)
    9 yards, kneeling (one or two knees) -- 5 for kids
    12 yards, sitting (stool or chair) -- 7 for kids
    15 yards, standing -- 10 for kids

Winner will be the one with the most "hits" -- between the vertical lines (touching line counts as "hit") -- on any single day. If more than one gets three "hits" on a single day, the winner will be the one with the closest arrow to the line nearest the shooter.

Good luck and have fun!

I won't be posting pics for a couple of days due to phone being out of commission, till I get a new one.
    Last edited by tradtiger; 07-05-2020, 10:53 AM.

Good target Ellis. Ill get in some chots later.

Comment

Day 1 Nil

I decided to shoot this week with my string follow Longbow 66#@28 64” Charlie Beaman Et Tu Brutus...Brutus for short. Apparently it was an accidental bow being it was made with alot heavier poundage than desired. Its my heaviest poundage bow besides my 68# wheelbow...I cant shoot very many shots due to inflammation of elbow joints...but Ive worked with it and strengthened my joints...tossing kiddos and critter feed. I grabbed a grab bag of arrows and point weights yesterday to see what didnt hate the bow. I found several arrows that seemed to get along but one better than the rest. I dialed in a bit today. Ill do better tomorrow and not hit the mobile chicken pen.
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I think if you actually harvest edible game while shooting the challenge, that might just win.

Comment

You might be an over bowed redneck if . . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Zero points day 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 1: 1

Comment

Alright, Reb! You lead! That 3" strip turns into about 1-1/2"at that angle.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  I think if you actually harvest edible game while shooting the challenge, that might just win.
                  Good shooting Reb!

TT... I wouldnt be too upset on either account. Those Cornish Game Hen crosses are fat kids...eating machines. Ive got them on spent brewers grain. One died randomly last week...so I marinated it and ate it...much better than my old egg layers. Im looking forward to slaughter.

I am overbowed. I dont reckon Im pulling any more than 20”. Im pretty sure Im several inches shy of 24”. Im not particularly weak either.

Gary...hold my scotch...watch this...

Comment

Day 2:Nil

Still flirting. Hopefully Ill flirt a bit less tomorrow. Im gonna take a few warm up pulls before shooting.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Trying to get too close to that first line! [emoji2957]

Day 2 = Still 0 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 2: 1 @9Y

Comment

Keep after it Jon. Good shootin Reb.

I took a mulligan today for tomorrow after my 9yd was wild. Ive been rereading old posts and the sticky of 3 under vs Split finger and decided to change my 3under anchor from my pointer finger to my middle finger anchoring at my canine. I like it and so does my aiming. This is the first time Ive been able to come anywhere close to point on gap shooting. And I measured my draw to 25”. It sure doesnt feel like 25” but apparently eso si que es.

Im also excited because Im able to shoot 125gr heads...which opens a world of options for broadheads...specifically a mess load of inherited 125gr stingers thatve been sitting around and need bloodied.

Comment

Day 3: 1

Comment

My Day 1: 1 "hit" (about 3")
                              9yds, right; 12 yds, left; 15 yds, hit.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X