No announcement yet.

Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leggy, I agree with you. Citations for that.....just a little much.

Good to see the trooper understood discretion.

Comment

Is Mary gonna pay 1/2 the fine?

Comment

oh man that bites! I know they don't play with the tag issue. It's good to see our GW and Troopers are out in force. Don't forget to pay

Comment

[
          IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Sorry about the hit to the wallet. You never know when you think your in the right only to turn out to be in the wrong. At least they didn't confiscate the meat.

Comment

Outlaws!
            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Sorry to hear about the citations but at least they were friendly about it. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but they could have been worse.

Comment

I knew you could get the citation for the license log but never processing a deer past quartering. I always try to clean it up as mush as possible at the lease to keep me from messing my apartment up to much, not anymore though! I always talk to LEO but sometimes the more you talk the more trouble you will find. Sorry to hear the bad news!

Comment

They must not get it.............

That sucks Legdog. I have heard alot of people getting those tickets. Most people forget about the log on back.

Comment

Sounds a little "feather legged" to me, too.

Sorry to hear, Steven.

Comment

At least they had a sense of humor and let y'all take pictures during the escapade!

It sucks that they gave you TWO tickets, but at least they're doing their job.

BTW ... I'd make Mary pay the quartering ticket!

Comment

Why didn't Michael just tell them to "move along"??

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Great story!!

Apparently, I saw a different white chevy pulling what may have been a Mule or a 4 Wheeler with a female driver. Were they part of ya'lls group??
                          No, not part of our group.

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                          Looks like they didnt care they were getting their picture taken. I figured the DPS and GW's wouldnt take too kindly to that.
                          Actually, I think the DPS officer was a bit taken aback when Steven came around and started taking photos. I briefly explained the website and asked if he objected to having pictures taken. He was all for it.

When the GWs arrived, I grabbed Steven's camera and asked if they had any objection. Again, they were all for it. Not only did they pose for the pictures, but they asked when we would have them posted. The DPS officer and one of the GW's actually gave me their personal email addresses so I could send them a link to the writeup and photos, while the other GW officer was writing Steven a citation.

I guess that's what makes it all the more frustrating and confusing that they would cite Steven for two relatively minor (certainly obscure) violations. I understand and appreciate that all law enforcement officers have a difficult job, but part of that job, especially in the case of the GW's, is gaining the cooperation of the hunting public. Within the letter of the law, they were in their right to issue a ticket, but with due respect to these officers, I think they (certainly the lead GW) used poor judgement in issuing TWO citations in this instance. Likewise, while I appreciate the DPS officer for giving me a warning and engaging us in fun conversation, I think he used poor judgement in calling out his GW buddies to "inquire" about such a minor infraction.

What was, in the beginning, friendly conversation in an attempt to make an officer's job a little more pleasant, turned into a costly fine for Steven, and perhaps more importantly a sad lesson learned not to engage a law enforcement officer in any conversation except for direct answers to his questions.

Officers, despite the disagreement with the way this was handled, welcome to the site and thanks for letting us take a few photos.

Michael
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

What a "Buzz Kill" to a fine weekend!

Comment

Sorry about the citations. I agree with the officer and game wardens doing their job but believe sometimes they can be to knit picky about some things

Comment

Sorry about the fine...but the GW's handled it right purely for the reason that if they hadn't given you the citations this thread wouldn't be what it is...they got the word out by making a example out of you ....follow ALL the rules no exceptions...now we all know

Comment

Working...
                                X