TPWD Loyalty points question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    How do you find out how many reward points a person has? How many points do you need before you start getting drawn for something?
    Texas points just increase your number of names in the draw pool. A person technically can get drawn with zero points for any hunt in the booklet. I have been on a few highly sought after, low odd hunts with less than 3 points, where many people have 20+ in the same category without being drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
      Texas points just increase your number of names in the draw pool. A person technically can get drawn with zero points for any hunt in the booklet. I have been on a few highly sought after, low odd hunts with less than 3 points, where many people have 20+ in the same category without being drawn.
      Yep!!!
      I have always just put just myself in the Archery hunts. Last year, I added 2 guys to my card. I probably had 6 points and they had zero, so they do an average. I only applied to 2 places, one was just for giggles which was at the Chap. First time ever applying there and I drew. So, it's pretty much "luck of the draw"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
        Yeah, usually I will get drawn on hunts when I hit seven or eight. Got drawn for Yoakum Dunes with 8 or 9. Took me 7 to get drawn on Antlerless but got drawn for three when I did, including South Llano. BIL and I had seven or eight last time when we got drawn for GDE at Powderhorn last year.

I also send the TPWD a lot of money each year in application fees and hunt fees and have had good luck over a fifteen year span. Since my GDE points zeroed out last year after getting drawn, I'll be putting me and BIL in for a lot of hunts in that category. I get pickier as my point count goes up in a category.
        Last edited by grizzman; 07-07-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Shoot I kind of wish I could unapply for a couple of hunts now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post

If you skip a year of applying in a certain category (or all categories), you can pick it up the following year. I did this once just a few years ago because I knew I could not go. So I didn't put in for that year. But I first contacted TP&W to confirm before doing it. And have the confirmation email. You don't have to put in for a hunt every year. But you do have to put in for the current year to be drawn, or to gain a point for the current year.

Hope the best for ya in whatever you wanted, or didn't want, out of it.

Comment

On the points and their meaning... I've got either 7-8 or 8-9 points across every category (can't remember what side I'm on) and literally never drawn a hunt, yet every year tons of newbies with 0 in anything draw. So they're definitely more of a nice gesture than an actual point system. One of these years I'm gonna draw 15 hunts and end up screwed. lol

You can, email them or call and they'll cancel it for you. I'm not sure if they'll refund your $3 or not. I did that for a youth hunt for my son when his mom said that weekend was a no-go and I didn't want him to draw and burn his points.

Comment

Call them they might do it, (512)389-4505. Had them change hunt date choices before the draw in the past after I applied and found out later I could not go on certain dates.

Comment

Have loyalty points been cubed in past years and I just missed that or is that new? Example if I have 2 points it would be 2x2x2 = 8 points/chances in drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                    Have loyalty points been cubed in past years and I just missed that or is that new? Example if I have 2 points it would be 2x2x2 = 8 points/chances in drawing.
                    Cubing is new for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
                      Cubing is new for this year.
                      Oh good grief I'm probably screwed then, gonna draw 10 freaking hunts.

Comment

Also I noticed it only states it under special permit hunts and it does not mention cubing under the NWR hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                          I thought you were kidding until I went to the TPWD Drawn Hunts page. 15 points would be 3,375 if I'm doing this right.

Comment

That's not a terrible thing, it should balance out some of those frustrated with not drawing for lots of years. I just wish they'd have done that in the beginning rather than all of a sudden now, gonna be a big swing this year.

Comment

Out of all the years and all the categories I've been putting in, I've only drawn for one hunt. That was a good while back. So yall might as well just give up and don't put in this year. Cause I'm gonna draw them all with this to the third power thing.

Comment

Heck, TP&W should just go ahead and send me the permits without having the draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X