Running someones plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running someones plates

Is it legal? Up in northern woods of Michigan vacation with family. We have a cabin rented for the week. So we take little mini bikes and go karts and drive the trails. Everyone has helmets and orv stickers. We take our kids on these outings so things are very slow and low key just exploring the great outdoors.
    We ended up on a dirt road and i broke down with my 5 year old. I walked the road with my son and the other folks went up and down the road at a walking pace to look for the missing part. We didnt find it and i had to be towed home. While doing all this noticed a lady watching us. Thought nothing of it and left. Today we rode past the same place, kids in tow and moving slow. Soon i noticed a truck following us. It followed us for 2-3 miles untill we turned into our place but the truck moved on. Then as we were parking the truck pulled up and the lady got out yelling at us and dropping F bombs in front of our kids. We all kept our cool in front of her.
    So as she was leaving i walked her to her car and took a pic of her plate. She knows where were staying and not sure who we have delt with. We have no plans of going by there again just to keep the peace. So can anyone run her plate so i know who im dealing with or is that not legal?

Not legal but I would call local pd and make a report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What was her, major malfunction ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        What was her, major malfunction ?
        Another Karen.

Comment

There a small fee pay sites where you can run the plate number. Will provide criminal record etc...

Comment

Sure is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BowFever View Post
              There a small fee pay sites where you can run the plate number. Will provide criminal record etc...
              Ill tey to find such site.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Sure is legal.
                It's legal if you use a site to pay for it to try to get a return. To have a LEO run it for you and give you the information, it is illegal.

Comment

Working...
                X