Idaho Draw Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho Draw Completed

Not much luck for us. One extra WT doe tag.

I am extremely interested in hunting Idaho, but for the life of me cannot wrap my head around all the various rules and regs. “Capped hunts”, “controlled hunts”, “super hunts” “combo super hunts”... good grief!!!

Someone please give this idiot (me) a roadmap so I can get into the mountains!!!

Comment

Count your blessings...me and some other fellows did not get our “speed goat” draw. You tried.

Comment

CLS: Sometimes it gets to be a little much to digest, even for us residents! The IDFG has a real good website with everything contained in the regulations. They do the booklets for two year periods. It is a good read.

Simply put, we have OTC tags for both deer and elk. In order to curb or control numbers of tags for some areas, the deer tags can be divided into Regular or Whitetail Only tags. There are controlled hunts of all sorts for deer.

OTC elk tags are designated to be used in Zones, which may be anywhere from one to four or five game management units. They can be further broken down into A, tags or B tags. A tags are generally opportunity rich for archers and or muzzleloader hunters, and restrict the taking of mature bulls in the October season. B tags limit the opportunities for archers and late season cow hunts, but allow rifle hunting for mature bulls during a seven day season in the middle of October.

Controlled hunts are special tags with different opportunities for type of weapon, either sex, early or late season, etc. You can buy an OTC tag, but still apply for one of the controlled hunts. You may only hunt one of them tho.

Super hunts, and Super Combo hunts are just lottery ticket hunts good for an animal for all of the open seasons. Highly desirable, but terrible odds (1000's to 1). Cheap to apply ($6, or $20).

Hope it helps a little.

Comment

darn

Comment

Working...
          X