No announcement yet.

Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total horse ****. Go to court and present witness and evidence and demand an apology. GW is completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      This typical experience with a GW. If what your GW says is true, then the whole State of Tx is wrong.
      I went to a new processor and asked them about if I took the head with me. They even didn’t know it wasn’t legal. This has to be a new law that nobody but this game warden knows about.

Comment

Meat has to be kept in quarters. You cannot debone it or process it a y further until it reaches its final destination.
        This isn’t true.
        The animal can be broken down at either a processor or final destination.
        You can debone and process at the ranch or lease as long as there is a permanent structure there to do so

From the regs:
        A cold storage or processing facility may be established anywhere, including on property where hunting is conducted. It must be stationary and designed to process and/or store wild game. A vehicle, trailer, or other mobile storage or processing arrangement IS NOT lawful.

Last edited by backwoods; 02-04-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
          This isn’t true.
          You can debone and process at the ranch or lease as long as there is a permanent structure there to do so

From the regs:
          A cold storage or processing facility may be established anywhere, including on property where hunting is conducted. It must be stationary and designed to process and/or store wild game. A vehicle, trailer, or other mobile storage or processing arrangement IS NOT lawful.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...-and-taxidermy

I bet 98% of hunters don’t have this type of facility available or records so Skinny’s comment is true for most of us.

From your link

Last edited by Smart; 02-04-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Plus who is going to waste a buck tag on a doe.......I would be filing a formal complaint with TPW although may not help but can't hurt either.

Comment

We save all our deer at our farm and process at one time there, none of our permanent residences

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                Plus who is going to waste a buck tag on a doe.......I would be filing a formal complaint with TPW although may not help but can't hurt either.
                I think his deal with the head not being there was that he couldn’t tell if it was a legal buck. He said when I showed him the head that it was the only legal buck he has seen in the 4 cases he was working on. What got me was that when I was first talking to him he was rude and demanding. Then in the same conversation he said that he would work with me if I brought the head back. So when I went back to the processor I didn’t take my daughter with me which was my witness. By him saying that he would work with me I was thinking he would look at the head and verify it was legal and write me a warning. I told him if I was wrong then I was wrong. But he couldn’t provide me with any answers to my questions and just kept telling me that’s not what they are telling him happened.

Comment

I bet 98% of hunters don’t have this type of facility available or records so Skinny’s comment is true for most of us.
                  All you need is a permanent structure like a barn or cabin and a freezer.
                  The record books don’t apply to private storage facilities that are used by only one individual.
                  If you are on a lease and share a freezer with others then you can just create a record book.
                  It’s easy. You just fill out the page in the link below

Comment

Wow!!! All I’m going to say is good luck.

Comment

The processor needs to keep a stack of wildlife resource documents and fill them out when the hunter wants to take a portion (i.e. head) of the animal being dropped off. Clear fork in Graham uses thes forms which are printed on the carbonless order/ cut sheet they fill out when you drop the deer off. I've been told this satisfies the law. BTW I've heard other hunters who got nailed by the same warden at that processor before.

Comment

This isn’t true.

From the regs:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...-and-taxidermy

You know what I meant. You cannot kill a deer at the lease, debone it, and haul it home in your cooler on Sunday afternoon. It must remain in quarters.

I’d say an exception might be if you fully process, package, and freeze the meat for the freezer before heading home, I don’t know anyone who does that!

Skinny

Comment

Perfect example of why I dodge GW at all cost. They will find something to get you.

Comment

All you need is a permanent structure like a barn or cabin and a freezer.
                            The record books don’t apply to private storage facilities that are used by only one individual.
                            If you are on a lease and share a freezer with others then you can just create a record book.
                            It’s easy. You just fill out the page in the link below
                            https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/...age_record.pdf

I still stand by my last post.. His truth is a lot more used than yours..

Comment

Bunch of bull sh...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                                I think his deal with the head not being there was that he couldn’t tell if it was a legal buck. He said when I showed him the head that it was the only legal buck he has seen in the 4 cases he was working on. What got me was that when I was first talking to him he was rude and demanding. Then in the same conversation he said that he would work with me if I brought the head back. So when I went back to the processor I didn’t take my daughter with me which was my witness. By him saying that he would work with me I was thinking he would look at the head and verify it was legal and write me a warning. I told him if I was wrong then I was wrong. But he couldn’t provide me with any answers to my questions and just kept telling me that’s not what they are telling him happened.

Ah ok, I don't deer hunt Texas and forget about antler restrictions

Comment

Working...
                                X