Gas blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas blocks

School me on adjustable gas blocks. I did some reading & it seems like great idea as in not be over gassed & banging parts more than they should. Is there any advantages in accuracy to gain from them?

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
    School me on adjustable gas blocks. I did some reading & it seems like great idea as in not be over gassed & banging parts more than they should. Is there any advantages in accuracy to gain from them?
    Only slight accuracy gains, however.. you can reduce recoil a tad once you tune the gas pressure to consistently cycle but not over gas slamming the bolt back as hard as possible. So if you shoot a lot and rapid fire you can see gains because of a slight decrease in recoil. It is minimal though. A great barrel and good muzzle break/or suppressor would show more gains.

I use adj gas blocks for my rifles with suppressors mainly to reduce blowback in my face

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a SLR gas block. Screw tighten, NOT the allen dimple set screw. JP adjustable gas block is another good choice.

On top of this the JP scilent capture buffer is worth the money to smooth things out and quiet down the bolt cycling.

I like to be able to tune my rifles in every way I can. Shoots bugholes.

Comment

Is there a block that is basically a 2 position? Say on a 300BO, to switch from sub to supers? On mine, if I have it adjusted to shoot the subs properly, it is way overgassed with supers. Would be nice to be able to switch it without having to pull the handguard.

Comment

Working...
        X