No announcement yet.

Fixed Broad head vs Mechanical ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used both. I love the blood trails I normally get from big 2 blade mechanicals.

Comment

Ramcats will probably fly as good as any mechanical made. I shot them out of vey underspined set up with no problems. It was way, way underspined but they still flew like darts and shot with my field points.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
        QAD Exodus and don’t look back!
        I love this head. Flies true and a killer. I shot through a bull Nilgai’s shoulder blades (both of them) and the broad head still looked good and was fairly sharp. Shooting 550 grains out of a 74lb draw @ 29”. 2 perfect Mercedes-Benz emblems through hide, muscle, and bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
          QAD Exodus and don’t look back!

This

Comment

I have heard that FB will have a slightly different flight path and might take some tuning. Mechanicals are going to fly like field tips.

Comment

It's like asking "what is a pretty woman".........

Comment

So... My two cents... I have so far been shooting mostly the Muzzy MX-3 three blade broadheads, and as a backup have been testing the NAP Spitfire Double-cross Mechanical.

Last week I pulled up on and fired at a nice Hill country buck, (ground blind, shoot-through mesh) and after I let the arrow fly, although I didn't see where it hit, (mesh) I heard it hit hard. He leaped into the air and ran off. I was expecting to see a blood trail as he ran but didn't. I gave it about 30 minutes to see if they would come back thinking that maybe I actually had missed or just grazed him.I got out of the blinding and went and found my arrow laying on the ground, covered in blood. I know I hit him and I hit him hard, but I can't help but think that if I had used the mechanical blades that having almost twice The cutting diameter I could have hit something more vital than I did, or at least kept him from running off.

Last year I put one of the Spitfire double cross through a doe, and it left a gaping wound in the chest. She walked maybe 10 yards before she fell over dead.

I know it's all speculation and a better shot placement would have made all the difference, but in those cases where your deer just moves and a tad and shot placement is not ideal a mechanical blade system could create just enough damage to stop a deer, or leave enough blood trail to track them down...

Long story short I think there's definitely a place for both broadheads and neither should be discounted. Best practices to buy some and try them yourself. Mechanical broadheads have come a long way since their inception.

I'm going to do some videos soon comparing the two broadheads I have and scoring each.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                  So... My two cents... I have so far been shooting mostly the Muzzy MX-3 three blade broadheads, and as a backup have been testing the NAP Spitfire Double-cross Mechanical.

Last week I pulled up on and fired at a nice Hill country buck, (ground blind, shoot-through mesh) and after I let the arrow fly, although I didn't see where it hit, (mesh) I heard it hit hard. He leaped into the air and ran off. I was expecting to see a blood trail as he ran but didn't. I gave it about 30 minutes to see if they would come back thinking that maybe I actually had missed or just grazed him.I got out of the blinding and went and found my arrow laying on the ground, covered in blood. I know I hit him and I hit him hard, but I can't help but think that if I had used the mechanical blades that having almost twice The cutting diameter I could have hit something more vital than I did, or at least kept him from running off.

Last year I put one of the Spitfire double cross through a doe, and it left a gaping wound in the chest. She walked maybe 10 yards before she fell over dead.

I know it's all speculation and a better shot placement would have made all the difference, but in those cases where your deer just moves and a tad and shot placement is not ideal a mechanical blade system could create just enough damage to stop a deer, or leave enough blood trail to track them down...

Long story short I think there's definitely a place for both broadheads and neither should be discounted. Best practices to buy some and try them yourself. Mechanical broadheads have come a long way since their inception.

I'm going to do some videos soon comparing the two broadheads I have and scoring each.

Oh, by the way, never found him...

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                    I have heard that FB will have a slightly different flight path and might take some tuning. Mechanicals are going to fly like field tips.
                    Really, this is a tuning issue more than a broadhead design choice.

If fixed blade heads do not hit with fieldpoints then you are not done tuning.

This should be the goal whether you are shooting fixed or mechanical, a well tuned bow and arrow will be far more forgiving and deadly than one that is out of tune.

Having said that, if you do not have the skill to get it all tuned perfectly, then I believe a mechanical will help in that situation. But the goal should be to have everything tuned well.

Comment

Both work good . But if you are hunting elevated I would use a Fix Blade like A Nap Hell razer are G5 Montec . Hunting out of ground blinds I prefer Nap kill Zones are Executioner broadheads .

Comment

Working...
                      X