New single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New single pin

Just bought an HHA single pin. Two questions. How do you go about taking the first shots and not completely missing the target? Also, how do y’all take shots inside 20 yards with a single pin?

Yes, start close with the yardage indicator pin set very low. Follow the Instructions very closely after you get you 20 yard mark set.

Comment

I guess reading the instructions would be a smart first move! I’m assuming a range finder is necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
        I guess reading the instructions would be a smart first move! I’m assuming a range finder is necessary?
        Very helpful. You must KNOW the yardage. I would also sight in on flat ground, no uphill or downhill. YouTube has a couple of videos on how to do it. They really help.

Comment

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
          Just bought an HHA single pin. Two questions. How do you go about taking the first shots and not completely missing the target? Also, how do y’all take shots inside 20 yards with a single pin?
          Start close, and guess!

Actually, inside of about 10 yards you can use other sight marks, like for 12 feet mine is about 54 yards. For factory tapes, you will just have to shoot each mark in to know what it is. But it can be done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Typically when I change out sites I will eyeball where abouts my 20 yard pin on my old site matches a spot on my riser. Set the new pin close and you should be on foam.

Comment

I ended up starting at 10, 20, 40 and then finally 60. Never taken a shot past 30 yards so it was pretty me to me. What was weird, or what I think is weird, is my 20 yard “number” on the test tape was 25, my 40 was 45 and my 60 was 65.

Does that seem strange? Obviously I subtracted the 65 from 25 and got the number 40. Seemed weird/too easy to me

Comment

Sounds like you did it right. Were your groups good?

Comment

Working...
                X