Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all tent camps or car camps at there lease??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not on a lease, hunt hunt public in Nebraska, Oklahoma though. sold the popupand bought
    10x10 kodiak canvas, tall queen size air mattress, double wide sleeping bag, buddy heater etc. have learned to get camping, hunting, bike and trailer in F150 under tauno cover. usually cold camp in hunt unit. don't suffer at all.

Comment

We usually camp tent at ours and on public. 10x10 cabin tent. It is too difficult to put up myself so I sleep in my truck when I go alone. Push the front seats all the way forward. My truck (2018 Dodge 3/4 crew cab) has a folding little deck system in the back when you fold the seats up and fold out the deck. Makes the floor nice and flat all the way up to the front seats. 4” Foam mattress, Sleeping bag and pillows. I am 6’1 so I kinda lay crooked or in fetal positions. Crack the window or let it run with the heat on. Idling diesel will put you to sleep every night and have at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They also have a sleeping system for the cab of you pickup I am thinking of getting. It is $500 but looks pretty comfy. Trying to get where we or I do not have to carry a bunch of crap. Less as possible

Comment

Not in 15-30 years. The older I get the more I enjoy the comforts of a cabin/camper.

One other option you might consider is to sell the pop up and get you a light weight hard side trailer. You could use it all season, camping in the spring/summer and then take it to the lease for deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If I don’t have a camper with ac/heater and hot shower I’m not going. My days of roughing it are long gone.

Comment

I have a 150 qt and a 120 qt cooler I left at one lease camp that had some camping gear that I didn't want to haul back and forth. I also left a 5 gallon jug of fresh water there with it, just in case I or someone else needed it for emergency. I either slept in my truck or put up a light weight cabin tent.

Most of the time I hunt public lands though. And "car camp" (really a truck) at a local park if I stay over night. I have a quick set cabin 4 season tent. And even have an instant hot water dispenser for dishes or showering with, if needed.

But one or two of the public lands I hunt are only 32 miles (closest) from the house. So I just "house camp" when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                If I don’t have a camper with ac/heater and hot shower I’m not going. My days of roughing it are long gone.

Same....after a couple of days the deer couldn't stand to be within 100 yards of me anyway so roughing it bowhunting is futile.......

Comment

Some of my fondest memories as a kid, 1960 to mid 60's, were sleeping in a tent at the deer lease. Family has since moved on to campers. Makes me want to buy a tent and get the Grand kids to spend the night. Used the old coleman stoves and lanterns. Cooked on a grille over the camp fire are burned some weiners on a coat hanger. My, how times have changed since I was a kiddo.

Comment

Tents are about the only way I have ever camped. I will say get a bigger tent then you think you need. ( a min. of 8 man in your situation). I have the Alaska guide model from cabelas that gets used the most. Sleeps four guys at the most. Its easy to set up and take down, and is relatively small and easy to carry. For longer trips ( when we go down there pig hunting for 10 days) I have a Montana canvas tent with a sewn in floor ( must have) it very roomy, but it's heavy and huge to pack around. But you can use the cabelas bunk beds in it and sleep a lot more people very comfortably. I will say Iam always prepared to sleep in the truck if the weather turns super nasty. We have been in some horrendous storms over the years. I have not slept in the truck yet, but have slept on two air mattress on top of each other to stay above the water level. Tents give me a true sense of " camping". Trailers, motor homes, cabins and all that just don't seem right to me. And being comfortable is easy to do in a tent 99% of the time. But there are times it sucks.
                    Last edited by critter69; 11-09-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

This thread getting bumped today is too ironic, generator won’t start for the camper and the battery on the impact is dead so my options are now the lease truck or the personal truck. I better see a monster tomorrow lol

Comment

Coleman makes a cool 5 minute pop-up tent now and there may be other brands. That with inflatable mattress and sleeping bag and it's pretty comfortable provided there is cool weather. I have a folding grill for meals and a few pots and pans that are always packed and ready to go. Spray tent with insect repellent to keep insects out. Love camping out and hunting.

Comment

Best $5 I ever spent @ a garage sale. Also carry a 10 gallon shower bag for the longer trips.

Comment

Update: I ended up hauling my pop up out there in Oct of 2017. We stayed in it all last year and are currently staying in it now. The only time it sucks is when its windy or really cold. My 2 sons and I spent one night in it when the temps dipped down to around 14.

But I found a really good deal on a solid wall camper that I have already moved into place and we will be moving into it soon and hauling the popup home.

Comment

This was early on at the lease we have it mowed down like a lawn out front now But we have Hooks for both water and power its the best in the summer AC was great cold shower , Kick back and watch Amazon Prime on the flat screen streaming from my phone .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Too old today to do the tent thing any more did it plenty early on with the kids . Fun times but I love the fact I can leave pretty much everything in the rig , Minus fresh food i leave the fridge on and boggie on back home .

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                                Update: I ended up hauling my pop up out there in Oct of 2017. We stayed in it all last year and are currently staying in it now. The only time it sucks is when its windy or really cold. My 2 sons and I spent one night in it when the temps dipped down to around 14.

But I found a really good deal on a solid wall camper that I have already moved into place and we will be moving into it soon and hauling the popup home.
                                Awesome stuff, Tobin! My wife and I are looking for one for our place in OK now.

Comment

Working...
                                X