Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't eat it. Looks like Alpo.

Comment

Haven’t seen this in awhile. Brings back some memories of my grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
        I’ve been pressure canning for years. I can vegetables, and all kind of meats
        I canned some buffalo and carp and it’s better patties than salmon hands down.
        You think catfish would work for canning then patties?

Comment

Dont forget beans...wife goes Ranch style bean crazy about every 6 months. Were back logged a couple years worth of supply.

First time I had fresh canned smoked salmon from a buddys Mom up in Kodiak Alaska...I thought it was brisket...but the jar was half full of oil. Slap it on some multi grain bread...no mayo or miracle whip needed...super moist...super delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
            yep, I'm going fising for a few days in March and i'm going to can a few. Had not thought about cat fish patties but will give it a try at some point

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLiQitoP_zg"]canned catfish - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I think I may sit in the backyard with a pellet gun and get a few sparrows before I opened a can of 5 year old chicken

Comment

I've heard of people canning crappie before.

Would lo love to get the recipe from someone!!!

Comment

One of the best things I have ever tried was yellowfin tuna caned in olive oil. Friend from South Louisiana gave me some.

Comment

I think it would.
                    I haven’t tried it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                      One of the best things I have ever tried was yellowfin tuna caned in olive oil. Friend from South Louisiana gave me some.
                      Great stuff. Smoked tuna jerky is excellent as well.

Comment

This is what I used to do when I killed bear in Ontario back when I lived in Indiana. Instead of dragging a freezer & generator up there we just canned it. We would make bear meat & noodles over mashed potatoes or bear stew. Now I can whitetail every year. When my friends fly down to hunt axis we can up a case & they bubble wrap/box it & fly home with it as checked luggage

Comment

I took one of my prepper meals to church and fed the congregation lunch.
                          They loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                            I think I may sit in the backyard with a pellet gun and get a few sparrows before I opened a can of 5 year old chicken

Comment

I’ll be doing bone in chicken quarters tomorrow. Might also thaw out
                              A a couple pounds up deer burger, oh and a squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                I’ll be doing bone in chicken quarters tomorrow. Might also thaw out
                                A a couple pounds up deer burger, oh and a squirrel

Just take as much fat off as possible. It can affect the seal . With bone in you can reduce the time but I don’t .

Comment

Working...
                                X