Stock Market Advice (Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Market Advice (Needed)

Okay, I'm completely new to the stock market game. Can y'all give me some of your personal opinions/advice, please?

1) What platform is best to buy stocks?

2) What stocks would be good to buy long-term/short-term?

3) What's the one most useful lesson you've learned in your time buying/selling stocks?

TIA

Jared

Depends on what your plan is. If youre just wanting to play with some money, dont "bet" anything youre not willing to lose.
    If youre plan is investing for retirement / long term, my advice would be talk to a financial planner.

Comment

I can answer #3... buy a large cap growth mutual fund and forget it.

Comment

Open vanguard account and invest into total market or S&P index fund. Build portfolio before picking stocks and learn. Most can’t beat those accounts. But before all that, make sure retirement accounts are being funded. Good luck!

Comment

Start reading all you can!

Comment

Get a financial advisor.

Comment

#3 Never hold thinking a stock you're down on will eventually come back so you can break even.

Just open any account if you're wanting to gamble. E-trade etc.. But be warned we are in a time of exuberance right now. When this many people want in the game for the easy money it's almost over. Just like you don't see people talking bitcoin until it's way high.

Comment

pick whichever large financial firm rigs the most and do what they do

Comment

1. Etrade for me

2. I won’t tell anyone what to go out and buy

3. Don’t get attached or emotional. You will cut yourself short or lose fast that way. START SMALL

Comment

Man, you guys are awesome. I really appreciate your comments and advice.

#3 is what I like to hear the most as I can learn from your knowledge/mistakes/lessons learned.

Thank you so much, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      #3 Never hold thinking a stock you're down on will eventually come back so you can break even.

Just open any account if you're wanting to gamble. E-trade etc.. But be warned we are in a time of exuberance right now. When this many people want in the game for the easy money it's almost over. Just like you don't see people talking bitcoin until it's way high.
                      Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! When people who usually could care less about stocks start piling in the market cause they think there's easy money to be made, this is a warning sign. THE END IS NEAR

Common day folks were borrowing as much as they could to invest in the stock market right before the 1929 crash. Things are started to look eerily similar to what I've read about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! When people who usually could care less about stocks start piling in the market cause they think there's easy money to be made, this is a warning sign. THE END IS NEAR

Common day folks were borrowing as much as they could to invest in the stock market right before the 1929 crash. Things are started to look eerily similar to what I've read about.
                        Buy the right ones and hold on, they will turn around! ALl mine have

But I am not risking it in HIGH volatility stuff that may never go up again

Comment

This is a bowhunting forum and look how many stock market threads there have been lately.....just saying. These are not normal times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            This is a bowhunting forum and look how many stock market threads there have been lately.....just saying. These are not normal times.

Very true. As I have been interested for a very long time, I would say with the Reddit news and others popping up is what has peaked my interest lately. So your point holds a lot of validity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think of it as a snowball. At first, earning 6% or 10% or 15% won’t seem like much, but later, the growth will begin compounding faster than you yourself are adding to the account. Keep a long term mentality and discipline, and don’t put your eggs into one basket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X