Concrete slab cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete slab cost?

Starting a shop, and going to visit with a concrete guy next week about an estimate. Had a good pad built this week. Packed and level. Looking At doing a 40x60 slab. Any guess on costs? Located about 50 miles west of San Antonio, it that helps any.

Bout 18-19K turnkey in Brownwood area.

Comment

My 40x50’ was $ 17K in Blanket.

BP

Comment

They are probably going to bid a cheap slab. Because everyone else will be bidding a cheap slab. It doesn't cost a lot more to go with a first class slab.

Things to ask:

How thick will the slab be
        What size rebar will be installed
        What will the spacing be on the rebar
        How many beams and what spacing

Comment

Slabs are running around 4.25/sqft I nour area

Comment

I’m getting ready to build a metal house and the cheapest I’ve found is $6/sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              My 40x50’ was $ 17K in Blanket.

BP

I lived in Blanket one time.

Comment

Hate to muddy the water, but there are a ton of factors that go into the cost. Is this just gonna be a 4" slab for the entire space? If you have any heavy equipment or plan to build a living space that changes things. As a general rule around $5-6/foot should give you a good idea, but I definitely wouldn't go with the cheapest bid. some good advice above regarding asking about rebar size and spacing. 18k seems high IMO but the market is determined by what people are willing to pay, so... I'll be interested to know as we're hoping to buy some land out toward Bandera/Real county in the next year or two.

Comment

also ask what is the ash count.

Comment

I’m in Boerne, so I’m not too far from you. I just had a guy give me a price of $7 per square foot for a 2,800 sq foot slab for my shop. He has done work for me and he does a good job. This is for a 4” cap, 12” wide beams ( both for perimeter and cross beams). I didn’t ask about the rebar size, but I’m guessing #4. The spacing on the rebar is either 12 or 18 inches, I can’t remember.

The other two guys I called to get a price never returned my call. I know all the construction folks are busy right now, so I am grateful just to have somebody that I know will show up and do a good job. At first I thought $7 was too high, and then my good friend (who is a home builder) asked me when was the last time I priced a concrete job? It’s been awhile, and I realize prices go up...

Comment

Concrete slab cost?

All depends on the spec.
                      I paid $10k for a 24’ x 20’ slab in June, soup to nuts, but it’s on expansive clay and was a super stout build— 6” slab w/two mats of No. 4’s 12” OC, perimeter 12”x 24” beam and one bisecting as well with No. 5’s
                      It’s for a two-story house in Central Austin.
                      $7/foot sounds WAY cheap to me!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        They are probably going to bid a cheap slab. Because everyone else will be bidding a cheap slab. It doesn't cost a lot more to go with a first class slab.

Things to ask:

How thick will the slab be
                        What size rebar will be installed
                        What will the spacing be on the rebar
                        How many beams and what spacing
                        Great questions.

Comment

Between $5.50-$6 sq’..... over that and they’re bending you over

Comment

I just had a 50x40 poured and it was $5.50/ft. Rebar on 18” spacing, 18” beams around and crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                              Between $5.50-$6 sq’..... over that and they’re bending you over
                              No concrete places in the nearby cities.

Comment

Working...
                              X