Snake ID confirmation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake ID confirmation.

First off this guy is still alive. Secondly, I know he is nonvenomous. Thirdly, I think he’s a coach whip but I’m not 100% and that is why I am asking the green screen!! What say y’all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coachwhip

Comment

yup!

Comment

Checking with Snake Identification group on FB...they are fast and good at getting back to folks.

Comment

Coachwhip. Up in Colorado they are red and called red racers

Comment

Looks like Western Coachwhip (Masticophis flagellum testaceus) it is...

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
              Checking with Snake Identification group on FB...they are fast and good at getting back to folks.
              That's a good page and another is the National Snakebite Support Page.The mods and admin are ER Dr's and Toxicologists.There all kinds of info for snakebites.Just don't comment during an active bite.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                That's a good page and another is the National Snakebite Support Page.The mods and admin are ER Dr's and Toxicologists.There all kinds of info for snakebites.Just don't comment during an active bite.

DJ
                When I look it up, I get pointed to "National Veterinary Snakebite Support". Is that the group you're referring to?

Comment

When I look it up, I get pointed to "National Veterinary Snakebite Support". Is that the group you're referring to?
                  I think thats the one.

Comment

No .....National Snakebite Support.It's not a vet page although they do advise on animal bites.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post

DJ
                      Both are good pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Coachwhip. Up in Colorado they are red and called red racers
                        My grandma calls them Grey Runners where I grew up

Comment

Coachwhip! Cool snakes!

Comment

Working...
                          X