what happened to harbor freight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently they've gone uppity. I used to get so many coupons and never got to use them because they were too far away. Now everything is top of the line pricing and haven't got a coupon in months. Is it this way for everyone?

I only bought things there I knew I wouldn't use much but if I'm going to pay premium price I'll generally buy a tool I've had years experience with.

Sounds like the Walmart strategy![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You probably need to renew their coupon email list. I still get a monthly coupon catalog and emails for 20% off and holiday sales. Got one today called Summer Savings at 7:18.

The only thing I haven't seen are the freebies. Seems to be pricing as normal. Not seeing Top of Line prcing except on their premium tools like Bauer. They still have all their Central Pneumatic and Pittsburgh stuff.....plus all their consumables are still cheap......and their masks and gloves are finally back in stock after donating them all to the hospitals for 3 months.

Last edited by Smart; 06-23-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

They send out a notice that during the Covid thing they would only be offering a % off coupon. They donated all their glove etc. across the county to hospitals.

Comment

Probably hard to get all their inventory out of China and into the US right now.

Comment

I was getting an email every Friday but no more. I can still find the 20% coupons online. For the stuff i buy i have not noticed any significant price increases.

Comment

You are truly not missing anything. Nothing at all. Zero. Notta.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                You are truly not missing anything. Nothing at all. Zero. Notta.
                *Nada....

Its a great place to pick up consumable items for the lease like zipties, nitrile gloves, mechanics gloves, throw away paint supplies like brushes, rollers, pans, alkaline batteries, and cheap hand tools so you don't pay full price for two sets. They all get that **** from China....HF just charges less for it....

Comment

Junk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    *Nada....

Its a great place to pick up consumable items for the lease like zipties, nitrile gloves, mechanics gloves, throw away paint supplies like brushes, rollers, pans, alkaline batteries, and cheap hand tools so you don't pay full price for two sets. They all get that **** from China....HF just charges less for it....
                    That’s for used car prices! Primarily junk Toyatos!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      *Nada....

Agree with everything here except for batteries. Don’t buy cheap batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Probably hard to get all their inventory out of China and into the US right now.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          Agree with everything here except for batteries. Don’t buy cheap batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been buying the HF alkalines batteries( not the heavy duty trash) for 10 years and they work great in my regular trail cams, flashlights etc.. $4.99 for 24 batteries with coupon.

You can keep spending double that ... I’ll stick with these.
                          Last edited by Smart; 06-23-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            That’s for used car prices! Primarily junk Toyatos!

Comment

Last time I was there they asked if I wanted to buy into a paid membership for special pricing. I passed on that but, I assume this may be the reason for price changes. I buy consumable items like mentioned above. I do miss getting a free tape measure almost every time I would go in. The tape measures are even the dummy version with labeled increments.

Comment

Working...
                              X