After 33 years on the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 33 years on the box

I am so excited after being a medic on a box for 33 yrs, I start training for a new program within the UT health system , going to be doing integrated health care “ Community Paramedic” making house calls treating CHF patients. I’m excited as well as a little apprehensive, have not known anything but the ambulance and helicopter my entire adult life. Anyone on here have experience in the integrated health care system ?

Congrats, so looks like you’ll need to update your username.

Comment

Congrats on your new career and thank you for your service.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good luck on the new adventure. Community Paramedicine can be very rewarding from what I have witnessed. It can also be very beneficial to your co-workers in the 911 system as well because of the relief it can bring to the 911 system. My experience is from what I have seen or heard shared at various state EMS meetings and not from first-hand experience.

Comment

Originally posted by vanmedic View Post
            I am so excited after being a medic on a box for 33 yrs, I start training for a new program within the UT health system , going to be doing integrated health care “ Community Paramedic” making house calls treating CHF patients. I’m excited as well as a little apprehensive, have not known anything but the ambulance and helicopter my entire adult life. Anyone on here have experience in the integrated health care system ?
            Congratulations on the career move.

I was a Firefighter/EMT in Atlanta. I used to hate riding in to Grady(welfare hospital/trauma center) when the amberlamps crew needed an extra hand.

I was all about fighting fire, but I have the upmost respect for Paramedics on the bus. Few folks realize that paramedics can save more lives in a busy week than most firefighters save in a career(as far as saving folks in a actual fires goes).

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
              Congrats, so looks like you’ll need to update your username.
              Still live in Van and still will be a medic, Shall keep the name😂

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                Good luck on the new adventure. Community Paramedicine can be very rewarding from what I have witnessed. It can also be very beneficial to your co-workers in the 911 system as well because of the relief it can bring to the 911 system. My experience is from what I have seen or heard shared at various state EMS meetings and not from first-hand experience.
                Thank you sir, it will start out very slow with the pilot program, with any luck it will grow

Comment

Congrats & Good Luck!

Comment

That’s awesome brother!

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                      That’s awesome brother!
                      Thank you all

Comment

They say you can’t teach old dogs new tricks so a little nervous, thank you all for the vote of confidence , really excited about the potential , I realize at 55 with 33 years on the box , my chance of making retirement age is slim, this gives me a chance.
                        Last edited by vanmedic; 07-31-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Good stuff congrats on the change

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                          X