Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #1
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default I have joined the CBD oil crowd - Anxiety

About 8 years ago I was put on Effexor XR becouse i began having panic attacks for no reason and it began to affect my job performance. The medicine has worked well, and really havent had a bad incident since. However it is no longer covered by my insurance and what was $7 for a month supply is now $320. My wife made me go purchase CBD oil in hopes of replacing the now non affordable medication. I will start taking it tomorrow. Has anyone had a good / bad experience from it? What should I expect? I am really weary of something that kinda claims to "cure nearly everything". It was $70 for a 2 month supply.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

I personally had not heard of CBD oil until just recently so I am of no help. I hope it does the job for you. Sucks that your insurance won't cover the original drug that does help you.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction

Try it with an open mind, I have heard of it doing a lot of good. Very interested to see if it helps.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 06:25 AM   #4
Rick
Ten Point

The only thing I am unclear on is does the trace amounts of THC show up on work related drug test results, but that may not be an issue for you
Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #5
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The only thing I am unclear on is does the trace amounts of THC show up on work related drug test results, but that may not be an issue for you
This is my concern. My employer put out a bulletin stating to be careful of items containing CBD oil due to this.

Off topic, itís only a matter of time before companies get tired of spending time and money testing for THC. Then Iíll use CBD. I just donít like the risk right now in relation to my job.
12RingKing is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #6
32drawlength
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Palo Pinto County, Mexia

Not derailing your efforts with CBD but what about generic Effexor and/or generics for Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft?
Sometimes their cash prices are very easy to swallow

Can call insurance company to ask about their preferred agents for anxiety

Good lock & following...
32drawlength is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #7
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

It should state 0% THC on the bottle. What more do you want?
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:01 AM   #8
Terrell_County
Spike

Hunt In: Terrell county

Check out Goodrx.com, they have your original meds for Cheap
Terrell_County is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:03 AM   #9
Buckwheat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bosque County

My aunt, mom and dad swear by it. Dad has bad arthritis and itís helped him so well he can make a tight fist now.

ďThere's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.Ē -Fred Bear-
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #10
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Today is 4-20 pot party.
Fox 10 minutes ago showed a national survey that 69% want legel pot.

I was in an accident 30 years ago and CBD does nothing for the pain. Hope it works for you..................
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:39 AM   #11
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
It should state 0% THC on the bottle. What more do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
This is my concern. My employer put out a bulletin stating to be careful of items containing CBD oil due to this.

Off topic, itís only a matter of time before companies get tired of spending time and money testing for THC. Then Iíll use CBD. I just donít like the risk right now in relation to my job.

Just because it says 0% doesnít mean it is. The trace amount can also show up in a field test kit that could possibly result in an arrest. Home use should be no issue. I would avoid carrying it around if possible.

Or if you live in Dallas county they wonít even prosecute weed related offenses until itís a felony amount or fifth strike

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM   #12
Ksig512
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over this great state

CBD oil in Texas has 0% THC whoever tells you it has trace amounts does not know anything about it, they are completely different compounds . The CBD in Texas has to come from the "Hemp Plant" not the "Marijuana Plant". Hemp does not produce Tetrahydrocannabinol THC.

Last edited by Ksig512; 04-20-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Ksig512 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #13
MetalMan2004
Eight Point

CBD is found in hemp as well as marijuana. It is my understanding that some producers use hemp-derived CBD which would have 0 chance of having THC in it. Others derive it from marijuana but still guarantee 0% THC. I’d be more cautious with the stuff that is made from marijuana.
MetalMan2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #14
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksig512 View Post
CBD oil in Texas has 0% THC whoever tells you it has trace amounts does not know anything about it, they are completely different compounds . The CBD in Texas has to come from the "Hemp Plant" not the "Marijuana Plant". Hemp does not produce Tetrahydrocannabinol THC.
Really? Strange that some people are busting random drug tests and being fired after using it. Recently happened at our refinery to a supervisor.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #15
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32drawlength View Post
Not derailing your efforts with CBD but what about generic Effexor and/or generics for Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft?
Sometimes their cash prices are very easy to swallow

Can call insurance company to ask about their preferred agents for anxiety

Good lock & following...
I tried the generic as well as some of the above stated. 2 sent me to the ER. My body only can handle branded Effexor unfortunately.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #16
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Quote:
Cannabis consumers have long prized potency (a high THC content) as one of the main factors that makes a particular strain more desirable. Though traditional demand for THC has caused an oversaturation of high-potency products, many consumers are starting to prefer less intense products that are lower in THC and higher in the non-intoxicating compound called cannabidiol (CBD).

THC and CBD are both cannabinoids derived from the cannabis plant, but they’re different in many ways that may influence your next dispensary purchase.

Find Cannabis Near You
What Are High-CBD Cannabis Strains?
CBD is typically the second-most abundant cannabinoid in cannabis, but this isn’t always the case. A strain may deliver CBD and THC in the following ratios:

High THC, low CBD (e.g.,10-30% THC, trace amounts of CBD)
Balanced CBD/THC (e.g., 5-15% THC and CBD)
High CBD, low THC (e.g., 5-20% CBD, THC under 5%)
High-CBD strains tend to deliver very clear-headed, functional effects without the euphoric high associated with high-THC strains. They’re typically preferred by consumers who are extremely sensitive to the side effects of THC (e.g., anxiety, paranoia, dizziness). A high-CBD strain would also be a great choice for someone needing to medicate throughout the day to control pain, inflammation, anxiety, or other chronic conditions.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #17
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Just curious but would you happen to have a script for claritin allergy meds?

I ask only because my good friend who I've known 40 years started.getting anxiety attacks several years ago out of the blue. Had them for a year or so with no explanation. He did some research on his own and found a website where people put their reactions to different meds. Many said claritin gave them anxiety so he quit. No problems since
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #18
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

I have no idea about the effects of CBD on anxiety but my wife and I have enjoyed excellent results with it for inflammation and overall pain reduction
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #19
Ksig512
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Really? Strange that some people are busting random drug tests and being fired after using it. Recently happened at our refinery to a supervisor.
He was probably partaking in the real McCoy.
Texas can only sell CBD from Hemp . Hemp doesn't produce THC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #20
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

for those that use cbd with success, where do you get it? A news report the other night was saying some sources actually have very little cbd in their procduct. I just finished a bottle of Whole Green cbd oil and it seems to work on my arthritis. But would like to try others also to see if I could get better results.
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #21
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:

That may be but not everyone is buying product from Texas. Also, when you order online there is no way to guarantee where it is coming from.

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #22
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

I tried it on my arthritic thumbs. Didn’t help at all. Hope it works for you
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #23
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Must have been the Poppy Seed bun he had! Or 2nd hand smoke
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #24
Ksig512
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
That may be but not everyone is buying product from Texas. Also, when you order online there is no way to guarantee where it is coming from.

Sierracharlie outÖ
That's a good point! I was going on the thought that people are buying from a Cbd source in Texas.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #25
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

They opened a CBD coffee shop a few blocks from my house. Drove by it on the way out of town this morning, and was surprised by the line. Didnít stop but curious to try it at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #26
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
He was probably partaking in the real McCoy.
Texas can only sell CBD from Hemp . Hemp doesn't produce THC.

Knowing this guy the way I do I highly doubt he did weed.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #27
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Do y'all have to take hair follicle test too?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #28
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

I've tried some the wife ordered, don't know about the thc or anything, you've got to be tuned in to yourself (don't know how else to explain it), it's very subtle in how it works. For me I am able to get out and work all day, because I feel like it and because my joint pain is more of a background pain not the first thought pain. For anxiety don't know but it seems like my mood is more even keeled when I take it so maybe it will do some good. Do a lot of research, lot of shady operators selling olive oil as cbd out there.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #29
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster View Post
for those that use cbd with success, where do you get it? A news report the other night was saying some sources actually have very little cbd in their procduct. I just finished a bottle of Whole Green cbd oil and it seems to work on my arthritis. But would like to try others also to see if I could get better results.
This is the one we are using...kinda expensive but what our daughter's dr wants her to take. I'll need Mrs Artos to explain but something about this brand being potent & CO2 extraction out in the field?? Both the wife & I use it well after reading all the benefits CBD has to offer. I wasn't really chasing a problem & more of a supplement so to speak.

I'm in the oil patch and got tested not long ago & don't buy all these cases of CBD causing false positives for THC. I was worried before starting myself & read up on it. Not saying it can't happen as false positives are a reality but betting most of those stories involve a toke with cbd as a scapegoat.

Mrs Artos buys from Lake Hills Pharmacy out of Austin: 512-608-9355. Bottle says mfg out of Colorado. That 2oz bottle is right around $190.00!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Artos; 04-20-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #30
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Be careful which company you buy from. There are products out there that are "full spectrum" that carry .3% thc that would have a cumulative effect and cause you to fail a urine analysis. Not saying that THC shouldn't be in there or won't help you. All the different cannabinoids help in many different ways, they have what's called an entourage effect each complementing next. That being said before you decide to start a CBD regimen do some research about our body's endocannabinoid system. It has great potential to help you with your anxiety just be sure to do your due diligence and make sure you're dealing with a reputable supplier.
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #31
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

If you are buying it in Texas without a prescription it is hemp oil not full spectrum cbd tincture. It has absolutely NO medicinal value whatsoever.

You can order the real stuff online but having it shipped to Texas is illegal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-20-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #32
SneakyPhil
Ten Point

Hunt In: LANWR

Careful getting off of Effexor without talking to your doctor first.
SneakyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #33
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Do y'all have to take hair follicle test too?
Only the DOT regulated people do. I don't have to any longer.

This guy did both drug screens.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #34
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
About 8 years ago I was put on Effexor XR becouse i began having panic attacks for no reason and it began to affect my job performance. The medicine has worked well, and really havent had a bad incident since. However it is no longer covered by my insurance and what was $7 for a month supply is now $320. My wife made me go purchase CBD oil in hopes of replacing the now non affordable medication. I will start taking it tomorrow. Has anyone had a good / bad experience from it? What should I expect? I am really weary of something that kinda claims to "cure nearly everything". It was $70 for a 2 month supply.

You need to gradually wean off Effexor. Talk to your doc about this first.

Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #35
neilmc70
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jack,Parker,Tarrant,Young

I was prescribed effexor for years for anxiey along with other anti-anxiety meds but it was only a temporary fix. Progressive muscle relaxation and diaphramatic breathing helps more than any meds ever did for me with longer lasting results. Mj would take the anxiety away but like you Im subject to UA's. Good luck let us know how it works!
https://blog.spire.io/2018/05/06/dia...tic-breathing/
neilmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #36
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

CBD seems to be hit or miss with most people. Iím curious to know how it affects your anxiety though. My girlfriend has pretty bad anxiety and absolutely refuses to take prescription medication, so Iím trying to talk her into trying it. Please keep us updated. As far as THC goes, it shouldnít pop up. I think most people use it as a crutch for smoking pot thinking they have a get out of jail free card with the CBD oil. I know several folks in my industry now using it for pain related reasons saying it works wonders. None have failed a drug test.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #37
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

My mother in law buys it from a store in Utah for her migraines. She suffered from 1-2 per week and since she started taking CBD oil when she feels the migraine coming on she has had zero. She hasnít taken per prescription meds since. She said she does not have insomnia anymore either.
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #38
TA_Fab
Four Point

Never used it but I know a lot of people who swear by it that I trust. Try getting it from Pure Spectrum supposedly they are legit.

TA_Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #39
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

You should shoot Bowiz a pm . The oil has changed his life .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #40
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Or said supervisor smokednpot and used the CBD oil caused me to fail excuse.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #41
KyleW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

Never needed to use it for anything but have a ton of friends who have and have had excellent results from it. The issue with CBD oil is there are a lot of misconceptions spread about by people who lack the knowledge of it, as shown by some people in this thread. Do your proper research on the subject before spreading stuff around that you aren’t 100% certain to be true.
KyleW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #42
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Dumb question but how much do you take per day? It might help arthritis in my hands.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #43
Bdub25
Four Point

Hunt In: Webb County

You have to weane yourself off Effexor. You canít quit cold turkey. I know from experience.

Bdub25 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #44
ladrones
Pope & Young

I have been buying grams of 1000mg CBD Terpsolate. I will dab a mixture of the trepsolate and sour chem. It works great.

ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #45
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Dumb question but how much do you take per day? It might help arthritis in my hands.
Dosing is a individualized thing.
The good thing is you could turn the whole bottle back, and slug it all at once, without worrying about repercussions.
As mentioned, it is subtle. If your expecting some profound feeling, you might be disappointed.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #46
Rick
Ten Point

Quote:
I bet a whole lot of people would be surprised to know some of their friends that smoke weed. Not saying your friend does, just a general observation.

Last edited by Rick; 04-20-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #47
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
I bet a whole lot of people would be surprised to know some of their friends that smoke weed. Not saying your friend does, just a general observation.
Your doctor, lawyer, boss, kids teacher...

Old 04-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #48
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Dr’s can have their license revoked for testing positive for weed, even in legal weed states. I know I don’t want my Dr stoned.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #49
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Drís can have their license revoked for testing positive for weed, even in legal weed states. I know I donít want my Dr stoned.
Legal narcotics are worse than a lil THC.

I tried the oil for insomnia/joint pain from the positive testimony towards it. It did nothing at all for me. Seeing how expensive it is I didn't get another bottle. It's awesome it works for some, but just didn't do anything for me.

I really think this oil has benefits and is just a marketing tool to legalize the good stuff.

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2019, 03:45 PM   #50
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Where did you get it? If you bought it in Texas IT HAS NO MEDICINAL value. CBD oil is illegal in Texas.