High fence legal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 250AI View Post
    Isn't it against the law to shoot across a fence in Texas? If there is no sign of a blood trail then maybe the Game Warden should pay Hippie boy a visit. Might not hurt to put some cameras out as well.
    and stands and feeders have to be a certain distance from a fence.

Comment

Plant some weed on hippies property. Turn him in. Kick John in the taint.

Comment

fence

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Not Correct.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            I stand corrected. I thought feeders had to be a certain distance, at least they should be.

Comment

I stand corrected. I thought feeders had to be a certain distance, at least they should be.
              I think they call that the DB easement ! Based on fence line hunters.....prolly the same folks who put snorkels on their jeeps!

Comment

Adverse possession must be "adverse." If you permitted him to put the fence up on your side of the boundary, you have a good argument that his possession is not adverse. Additionally, if the fence was built 4 years ago, he has not had time to acquire title by limitations, even if his possession was adverse. I would not worry about adverse possession at this time. But it may become an issue over time. You should seek independent legal counsel to advise you further.

As stated above, it would be a trespass if he entered your property without permission.
                Last edited by Txhuntr2; 12-18-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

If John is dead set on putting up a high fence, I would go with the suggestion of first putting it along Hippie's property line. If you do yours as well, it may just settle things down. But John has showed his hand either way. You need to consult an attorney to start taking steps to ensure he doesn't get any more ideas about taking your land.

Comment

Sounds to me like the hippie illegally shooting across fence lines is leading to an illegal high fence. If you could build a fence on other peoples property then why doesnt Trump put our border wall 200 feet into Mexico, or better yet just build it on their southern border.

Maybe put up a hot fence between yall and the hippy.

Or relocate some skunks into his fence blinds.

I cant imagine floods, fence hunting hippies and longhorns are going to be very kind to a high fence.

Comment

I told John that dang fence would be like a net and catch all the debris that the floods bring. The creek does flood about one a year.

Comment

I believe this what got the ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          Sounds to me like the hippie illegally shooting across fence lines is leading to an illegal high fence. If you could build a fence on other peoples property then why doesnt Trump put our border wall 200 feet into Mexico, or better yet just build it on their southern border.

Maybe put up a hot fence between yall and the hippy.

Or relocate some skunks into his fence blinds.

I cant imagine floods, fence hunting hippies and longhorns are going to be very kind to a high fence.
                          This thread has it all! Now we are getting good!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                            Adverse possession must be "adverse." If you permitted him to put the fence up on your side of the boundary, you have a good argument that his possession is not adverse. Additionally, if the fence was built 4 years ago, he has not had time to acquire title by limitations, even if his possession was adverse. I would not worry about adverse possession at this time. But it may become an issue over time. You should seek independent legal counsel to advise you further.

As stated above, it would be a trespass if he entered your property without permission.
                            ^^^^^^this is solid advice. I went through an adverse possession issue with my neighbor some years ago. Ultimately, when I looked at my options, it all cost $$$$. Surveys, lawyers, court cost, bad blood with the person next to my land, time, sleeplessness, etc.......

I sure hope you guys can work this out to save all involved the headache. Trust me, when you cant get it resolved, it stays with you for years.... good luck, and God bless.

Comment

If he really wants a HF he is going to have to put it on his side of the creek.

If he puts the HF on your side you can remove it via bulldozer. He also has not right to disturb the current fence that is on your property. If he starts being a real *** I would issue a trespass notification to restrict him from entering your property.

Hopefully though you two can work it out and continue to be friends. Not much worse than a dispute between neighbors. Especially over an idiot and a stupid deer.

Comment

If "John" didn't straighten his act up PDQ I would remove current fence and tell him to build back on the property line and don't bother me anymore.

Does not sound too friendly to me if he is willing to take your land because it is convenient for him. Sounds like the Hippy would be easier to get along with

Comment

Working...
                                X