Sanding pads for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanding pads for this?

I would like to find sanding pads for this sander. I haven't seen any in years. This sands round items very well.

Does anyone know where I can get them?
    Attached Files

what size are they and how do they attach

Comment

Type in make and model of sander followed by sanding pads on google.

I've never seen a sander like that.

Comment

Need a close up of how the pads attach and the pad diameter. Looks like something we use here in the shop.

Comment

It's a Craftsman but I don't even know the model. It's not on the sander. The pads are about 2" across and attach like velcro. The pads have a soft felt backing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            It's a Craftsman but I don't even know the model. It's not on the sander. The pads are about 2" across and attach like velcro. The pads have a soft felt backing.
            It's not on the sticker on the side? Serial number?

Comment

This is the sticker in the only identification on it.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking the model # is 911633

Comment

Details60 GRIT HOOK & LOOP SANDING DISKS 9 piecesPackage of nine 60 grit hook-and-loop-backed disksDesigned for MicroLux 3D Contour Sander3 sets of 3 (9 disks total) Ideal for sanding and shaping intricate surfaces

Comment

According to this, the discs are no longer made. But you might find some on e-bay or something. Google Craftsman Type 3D Sander.

Comment

My suggestion is go to Sears, Home Depot , lowes etc and find sandpaper with the backing you need and cut some 1.5" circles out of it

Comment

Notice: The 3-D sander has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We continue to supply sanding discs for the 3-D sander (see blow). If you have any suggestions for a replacement similar to the 3-D sander, please let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          My suggestion is go to Sears, Home Depot , lowes etc and find sandpaper with the backing you need and cut some 1.5" circles out of it
                          This is your best bet. I know they have the round 4" or 6" pad with the backing that could easily be cut to fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Home Depot (and other places) have 2" round sanding discs. You could buy them and cut them down.

Comment

That's it! Thanks Uncle Saggy!

Comment

Working...
                              X