X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In today's America, you can't:

1. Shoot a rioter attacking you with a deadly weapon

2. Shoot a rioter pulling you out of your vehicle against your will

3. Stand on your lawn with a gun to ward off a mob of people who have already proven they are willing to destroy property and harm people.

What you can do is:

1. Destroy private and public property

2. Block access to major/essential roadways

3. Take over entire sections of cities

4. Assault people who are the right color

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      In today's America, you can't:

1. Shoot a rioter attacking you with a deadly weapon

2. Shoot a rioter pulling you out of your vehicle against your will

3. Stand on your lawn with a gun to ward off a mob of people who have already proven they are willing to destroy property and harm people.

What you can do is:

1. Destroy private and public property

2. Block access to major/essential roadways

3. Take over entire sections of cities

4. Assault people who are the right color
      Apparently you can’t even use the THREAT of force to protect yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Apparently you can’t even use the THREAT of force to protect yourself
        You'll be picked apart by the media, threatened with charges, and most pathetically of all, abandoned by everyone else because they don't like you competency level with a firearm.

Comment

I hope I'm not in a situation like that. I probably would have been outside armed but my presence and muzzle control would have been way different. Neither of those accused have proper instruction with firearms. With proper instruction and training I don't think either would be in the situation they are in. I don't blame them and support them in defending their property to the best of their ability and it was effective because the end result was they were not harmed and their property was not destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            It wasn’t an order from the DA, police Chief or mayor. Such orders are not lawful.

It wasn't a civil red flag law.

It is an accusation of a crime and the police had a search warrant signed by judge. I am actually surprised it took so long.

For example, I have been to scenes where deadly force was used in self defense. It looked like a justified use of force to kill someone however, we completed the investigation like any other. Even though a homeowner was not arrested, the firearm was seized just like in any other homicide. Once the DA reviewed the case and the grand jury didn’t take action, the gun was returned. I have seen it several times. This wasn’t a shooting but I believe there is a criminal complaint that guns were pointed without a lawful reason.

A criminal investigation doesn’t end just because a suspect says... I think I was justified. Maybe the suspect (s) was but the police investigates doesn’t just disappear.

Like already said, I don’t know MO law and don’t feel like looking it up at this point. But using Texas law as an example, deadly force isn’t allowed for criminal mischief or trespassing.

There are all kinds of what ifs in this case. What if some protesters made death threats and advanced toward the homeowner’s or had deadly weapons of their own while making threats? What if the homeowner never actually pointed at anyone? What if MO law.....

I don’t know but merely investigating a criminal accusation or serving a warrant lawfully issued by a judge doesn’t seem like a stretch of any law. Hopefully the couple will be cleared and get their guns back.

I would break the rules of this forum if I called the DA what I think of her.
            Would just the guns used in connection action being investigated be subject to warrant, or all the guns in their possession be seized?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Would just the guns used in connection action being investigated be subject to warrant, or all the guns in their possession be seized?
              Just guns involved.

Comment

I read this article and the couple stated that they believe Trump got involved and sent federal and state police to protect them when the protesters returned after their guns had been seized.

St. Louis homeowner who faced down protesters with rifle believes Trump intervened to protect his community

Missouri attorney Mark McCloskey, who along with his wife Patricia brandished legally-owned firearms when confronted by Black Lives Matter protesters at their St. Louis home last month, told "Hannity" Monday that he believes President Trump quietly intervened when protesters returned to his neighborhood for a second time July 3.

Comment

Working...
                X