Buffalo Cow Bowhunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Cow Bowhunt

Looking some recommendation for a bow hunt for buffalo cow. I am seeing a buff meat for freezer. I'm not interested in a 1500+ lb. bull for the horns.

There is a processor in Breckenridge that does a lot of buffalo. Rays I think. Give them a call and they can tell you where to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Where are you located?
        You have this option close to Athens?

Comment

Ryan Longer

Longers Outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            You have this option close to Athens?
            Have a friend in Tyler with a large herd but messaged him and he isn’t selling any hunts. He referred Ryan Longer. Longers Outdoors has a page on Facebook

Comment

Elk meadow game ranch in New Boston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also Tim at Rockwater Ranch

Comment

I live in MS, but would try to coordinate a hunt with business in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                    Looking some recommendation for a bow hunt for buffalo cow. I am seeing a buff meat for freezer. I'm not interested in a 1500+ lb. bull for the horns.
                    Are you sure you want the buffalo for meat. My wife shot a cow buffalo about 5 years ago and it is, by far, the toughest meat I've ever eaten. First, we cooked the tenderloin right off and we could hardly chew it. I then put the other one on ice for ten days to tenderize it, draining of course. No difference. When I tried to grind it as I do all my other animals, I had to tear the grinder apart two times as it bogged down the worm. The only way I was able to grind was small piece by small piece slowly and I still had to clean off the sinew every once in a while, and that was the breaker plate. Now, I know why the squaws had to chew the meat to make it palpable for others to eat. It was good tasting otherwise but definitely not worth the effort. We will not kill another bison.

Comment

Comment

If I decide for sure to go- Skyler at Diamond C can make things happen. Have hunted at Diamond C several times and always had a great experience there.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          Are you sure you want the buffalo for meat. My wife shot a cow buffalo about 5 years ago and it is, by far, the toughest meat I've ever eaten. First, we cooked the tenderloin right off and we could hardly chew it. I then put the other one on ice for ten days to tenderize it, draining of course. No difference. When I tried to grind it as I do all my other animals, I had to tear the grinder apart two times as it bogged down the worm. The only way I was able to grind was small piece by small piece slowly and I still had to clean off the sinew every once in a while, and that was the breaker plate. Now, I know why the squaws had to chew the meat to make it palpable for others to eat. It was good tasting otherwise but definitely not worth the effort. We will not kill another bison.
                          Crazy, I shot a old bull he is delicious! We have 700lbs of very yummy meat! I have had bison several times before, each time was tender as well.

Comment

Check tatonka creek ranch

Comment

Tatonka looks like a nice option here. Have you hunted there before?

Comment

Working...
                              X