No announcement yet.

Texas surf shark fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Galveston you can try surf fishing at 13 mile rd. The beach gets fluffy depending on the weather so hopefully you have 4wd. You can drive straight from Galveston and cross the toll bridge to hit Surfside. In Surfside I usually hit the beach at beach entrance 4 and turn left and drive down looking for good water and a clear spot away from the crowds. Surfside jetties are good too but will probably be elbow to elbow on the holiday weekend.

Comment

Thank you I may have to try that out ^^^

Comment

Heading to Surfside today for 5 days. Will definitely be running some lines out. Lost a couple good spinners last year to undersized leaders. Hopefully I have remedied that, we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be down there Saturday to try my luck.

Comment

TBHr Lofin and I will be down in Matagorda the 23-26. We're both novices when it comes to shark fishing, but we're gonna give'r hell. We have the gear for both drops and casting.

Comment

I'm planning to surf fish for shark in a few of weeks. Will be a first for me. Any recommendations on which beach closest to Corpus Christi? I know PINS is close but didn't want to go there since there's no cell service and I'll have my kids. Was thinking of Mustang Island state park.

Comment

Thank think that shark fishing and crowded beaches just isn’t any fun. If you can find someplace with enough space between camps you’ll be fine no matter what part of the beach you fish. If you get some fresh baits on the back side of the 3rd bar something will pick it up.

Comment

Matagorda is very chewed right now

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                    I'm planning to surf fish for shark in a few of weeks. Will be a first for me. Any recommendations on which beach closest to Corpus Christi? I know PINS is close but didn't want to go there since there's no cell service and I'll have my kids. Was thinking of Mustang Island state park.
                    South Bob Hall may be your best bet. Our if you're willing to drive, head down to SPI
                    Better cell service and the guts are usually deeper.

Made a day trip yesterday, but couldn't keep my baits out. Decided to just hit the jetties. Stingrays and a couple decent big uglies

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                      You'll have a much better experience on PINS. I could always get cell signal up on the big dune around the 17mm if needed, but usually with the kids I always went past the high banks to weed out some traffic. Always did well in the low 30's with sharks and the bad driving in the 20's weeded out a lot of traffic so the kids were safer. If you want to stay within range of fast food and gas stations you could setup at Fish Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                        South Bob Hall may be your best bet. Our if you're willing to drive, head down to SPI
                        Better cell service and the guts are usually deeper.

Made a day trip yesterday, but couldn't keep my baits out. Decided to just hit the jetties. Stingrays and a couple decent big uglies

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        You'll have a much better experience on PINS. I could always get cell signal up on the big dune around the 17mm if needed, but usually with the kids I always went past the high banks to weed out some traffic. Always did well in the low 30's with sharks and the bad driving in the 20's weeded out a lot of traffic so the kids were safer. If you want to stay within range of fast food and gas stations you could setup at Fish Pass.
                        Thanks for the suggestions!!

Comment

My 16 year old son is asking to go surf shark fishing but I sold all my gear before he was even born. My dad has a place right on Lavaca Bay. Are there sharks in Lavaca?

Comment

Guess my pops answered my question. 2 small ones landed and lost two more at the dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took my boys to the surf and we caught a few. We had fun, it was our first time shark fishing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job^^

Comment

Working...
                                X