No announcement yet.

Ford 250 Broken into near Bass Pro in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened to me last week. Sure makes you want to do some really bad things to those responsible

Comment

It would only take 2-3 TBH members in that area to set up their own sting and put an end to their party.
      A couple of us guys did this at a movie theater and theft stopped for about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've spent the last five years taking down robbery crews. The issue that constantly comes up is do you let the crime happen and get a higher charge or do you prevent it before you think its about to happen and get a worthless misdemeanor case?

I've done it both ways and they both can work but these liberal judges are letting them out with no or low bonds. I can't count how many hours I've sat in parking lots watching crooks pick their victims. We can get them but its uses a lot of man power, overtime funds and it takes way more than 4 or 5 officers for a rolling surveillance op. Normally we have about 20 UC officers, plus marked units, plus the feds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by andre3k; 06-12-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

andre3k...........................
          I'd set their bond..........
          Just above, the wrist.............................

Comment

You'd figure if enough people complained to Bass Pro, at some point they'd get involved to provide their customer a safe place to shop.

I know the Ops break in wasn't at Bass Pro itself, but I see its parking lot mentioned enough.

I'd quite shopping there and let them know why.

Comment

As long as people leave guns in their car burglars will hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                You'd figure if enough people complained to Bass Pro, at some point they'd get involved to provide their customer a safe place to shop.

I know the Ops break in wasn't at Bass Pro itself, but I see its parking lot mentioned enough.

Solid idea

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  Happened to me last week. Sure makes you want to do some really bad things to those responsible
                  I called ford in fredricksburg and he said I was the 4th one to call him Saturday alone with with this issue all in that area. Of course there is no solid fix

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                    It would only take 2-3 TBH members in that area to set up their own sting and put an end to their party.
                    A couple of us guys did this at a movie theater and theft stopped for about a year.

I would actually be down for this. I am a vendor for Bass Pro and I will be going up there tomorrow afternoon and looking at their dock cameras to see if we can at least see what type of car they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Get your gun stolen in their parking lot then walk and and buy the replacement. They must love it

Comment

Does replacing the door handle plate to remove the keyhole do any good? I know at one point they were punching the keyhole, so replacing with a back door handle panel worked. But, you only have your fob access then. Looking at buying an F250 in the future and have been contemplating due to this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          That cable 100% useless vs a cordless grinder , still just a speed bump against thievery
                          That's the .1 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                            Does replacing the door handle plate to remove the keyhole do any good? I know at one point they were punching the keyhole, so replacing with a back door handle panel worked. But, you only have your fob access then. Looking at buying an F250 in the future and have been contemplating due to this issue.

Does zero good. They have been breaking the door handle off completely for a while now

Comment

Ugh, good to know jaker.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X