F250 Stuck Near YOAKUM/Hope - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Glad you are feeling well enough to be out at the lease.
    What I was thinking as well.

Glad you got your truck out. It looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What did you see in real life that I don’t see in the picture that would give you the impression another truck was going to pull that out?

When I saw the picture it reminded me of the times my dad would show up with a sharp shooter, high lift jack and about 6 square bales. Never would show up with a tractor or dozer. Guess it worked, I haven’t been stuck in a loooong time.

Comment

Typical rookie mistake. Did you try rocking it?

[emoji1531]

Comment

Amateurs...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Good thing you didn't spin the tires until it was sitting on the frame.......
            Lol, glad you're out OP. Diesels don't belong off road. IDC what the sticker on the side says.

Comment

Glad you got out. I was close to that area this afternoon, but just now saw the post. I was hoping to haul some calves from our place just off of CR 423. But we had another 1/2inch yesterday.

Decided to wait until it dries out a little more. Probably a good idea after seeing this.

Comment

It was a strange.

Drove just fine in 4 high from front of property to that spot.

Good dry ground with zero slipping all the way to that point.

Then I went to turn around and it was like someone just yanked the bottom out from under each tire.

ZERO RUTS up to and when leaving.

Tractor didn’t make ruts either.

Very strange I’ve never been stuck in a scenario like that.

Like the hand of God pushed my truck straight down in silty quick sand.

I’m extremely thankful for my landowner. His tractor operating skills and know how got me out of a bind with no truck damage.

We used the tractor bucket, 8,000lbs jack, and 2x6 boards.

From time of calling him to him getting back home it was only 2 hour ordeal.

I want to say thanks to all the TBHers who reached out there was literally 8 of you guys who called or texted me. I love the green screen.

This is my first time having a diesel 3/4 ton.

Lesson learned for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  ... have you tried rocking it?
                  Lol

Comment

Go to harbor freight and get the 12000lb winch and a snatch block it will get you out trust me mine has paid for it self more then I can think of with both truck and tractor when I would stick the tractor the winch is the only thing that would get it out

Comment

A 3/4 ton diesel with slicks is about as capable in 4wd as a half ton in 2wd. That and turning around will get you every time.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                        It was a strange.

Drove just fine in 4 high from front of property to that spot.

Good dry ground with zero slipping all the way to that point.

Then I went to turn around and it was like someone just yanked the bottom out from under each tire.

ZERO RUTS up to and when leaving.

Tractor didn’t make ruts either.

Very strange I’ve never been stuck in a scenario like that.

Like the hand of God pushed my truck straight down in silty quick sand.

I’m extremely thankful for my landowner. His tractor operating skills and know how got me out of a bind with no truck damage.

We used the tractor bucket, 8,000lbs jack, and 2x6 boards.

From time of calling him to him getting back home it was only 2 hour ordeal.

I want to say thanks to all the TBHers who reached out there was literally 8 of you guys who called or texted me. I love the green screen.

This is my first time having a diesel 3/4 ton.

Lesson learned for sure.

Quick sand!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Good thing you didn't spin the tires until it was sitting on the frame.......
                          Best comment I've read all day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                            A 3/4 ton diesel with slicks is about as capable in 4wd as a half ton in 2wd. That and turning around will get you every time.
                            Mud tires just get you down to the frame faster. And usually another 10 yards in. Lol

Comment

Brunner- do Not test the mud today it is raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock ;-)

Comment

with the amount of rain we have had, and type of dirt we got up around this way, would not even try it. glad you got out

Comment

Working...
                                X