Texas Ranchers & Illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Ranchers & Illegals

I fear for my south Texas brethren as well as for my own small place. My house is a mile from the road and 1/2 mile from the closest neighbor. It bothers me that people north and east of Texas think this is made up and not true.

Texas Ranchers Live in Fear as Encounters with Illegals Increase

I agree with you completely. Wish we had someone in office that cared.

-john

Comment

Kinney county again, I’ve heard their Sherrif giving interviews about this twice this year already. (Houston am news radio)

We hunt about 3 miles outside of Brackettville.
      I have no plans on staying in camp overnight with only one street truck in the lot.
      If there are multiple lease members in camp, I’m fine.
      Me alone or with son, not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

They are getting bolder because there are no consequences for their actions and if they make to a big city, the liberals will embrace them and protect them and the conservatives will give them jobs. Great opportunities with the building boom going on right now.

Comment

So I just watched Crowder destroy John Oliver regarding Stand Your Ground laws and they brought up the Texas southern border.

Would the ranchers be defending their property and family if they shoot these illegals under the Stand Your Ground law and likely not be charged?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            So I just watched Crowder destroy John Oliver regarding Stand Your Ground laws and they brought up the Texas southern border.

Would the ranchers be defending their property and family if they shoot these illegals under the Stand Your Ground law and likely not be charged?
            Lot of land down there, and nobody's getting charged if there ain't no bodies.

Comment

I had a run in with some at 230 in the am a couple weeks ago. When they realized I wasn’t their ride they turned back to the canyon. This is in the Big Bend area about 12 miles north of the river. I was more worried they would try and steal my truck that cause me harm. I was prepared for either but they just went back down the canyon. I think they came to my headlights.

Comment

I have family that live in Kinney County about 10 miles from the border. It has been bad.

Comment

Every night I was there, I was seeing headlights out in the desert where I’ve never seen night traffic at. I’m sure they are running a shuttle of sorts.

Comment

Our camp is less than a mile north of the border in Terrell county. Historically we haven’t had much trouble with illegals since it’s 25 miles north to hwy 90. That being said, I bet our camp will have been occupied by illegals in august when we go to fill feeders. Weve never had any bad interactions with the few that we encountered over the years, sure hope it stays that way.

Comment

The hunting forums are definitely going to be filled with people freaking out, about
                      Getting broken into, people messing up hunts , finding dead people in blinds , cut up fence, ect ,ect it’s going to be a looong hunting season dealing with aliens

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        The hunting forums are definitely going to be filled with people freaking out, about
                        Getting broken into, people messing up hunts , finding dead people in blinds , cut up fence, ect ,ect it’s going to be a looong hunting season dealing with aliens
                        This will happen in lots of places this year. People need to remember, they may look harmless and lost, but you never really know who your dealing with. Keep distance from them and let them know that causing you grief might come with an expensive price tag.

Comment

Kinney County here. I hunt between Bracketville and Del Rio. Saw three illegals on the property dressed in solid black with black backpacks on last time I was there.

Comment

I spoke with a trooper monday who had recently returned from the valley on deployment. During his tour he and other troopers deployed with the understaffed BP.

Even then they managed to catch 20,000 in one weekend. Yes, twenty thousand in 48 hours

Comment

Craziness!! I feel for the rancher in the story that Dusty posted. I guess you wouldnt know how you'd react unless it happened to you, but I think I might have a hard time keeping my cool, if they were surrounding my house and banging on my outside walls. Or standing on my front porch trying to get in, scaring my wife, when I drove up. As someone asked above, I just wonder what the ramifications are if you took drastic measures?

Comment

Working...
                              X