TPWD Bowhunter Education, Field Day Course, Saturday 6 June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IMG]IMG_0187[/IMG]

They do give you a patch, but you have to pass a written test at the end of the course.
    I enjoyed it.

Comment

A correction, minimum age is 9 years old.

Let me know if anyone needs handicapped access, as well as if there will be any youth/children attending with you. Neither is a problem, in fact it’s encouraged, but we like to know in advance. Minimum age for certification is 12 years old.

Comment

And a bump, @5 slots remaining.

Comment

Registered!

Comment

We must have different calendars, mine says Sunday June 6, 2021 ?

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
              We must have different calendars, mine says Sunday June 6, 2021 ?
              You are correct, it's Sunday. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                You are correct, it's Sunday. Sorry.
                Doug is getting as old as WCB.

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                  Doug is getting as old as WCB.
                  Ha, I'm not that old. Its the result of being in a hurry, not reviewing my chit, and copying previous flyers.

Only 3 openings as of now.

Comment

Can I go ahead and e-mail my Texas Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate? If so, where to? I'm worried I'll forget to print and take it.

Comment

NM. I found it.

Comment

Last bump, looking like a full class.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Well the original idea worked. Make the candidates shoot for a score. Can't make minimum then you don't get the certification.
                          Sorry if it hurts your little feelings but that's the way it still should be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          Some certain places that hold draw hunts such as Corp of Engineers some years back required archers to qualify, and also some military bases did the same.
                          I remember you had to shoot from elevated stand, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yard range and be able to hit a paper plate.
                          If you failed, you had to reschedule the test or you wouldn't be able to hunt until you passed.
                          It wasn't about winning a trophy, but a good policy in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                            Some certain places that hold draw hunts such as Corp of Engineers some years back required archers to qualify, and also some military bases did the same.
                            I remember you had to shoot from elevated stand, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yard range and be able to hit a paper plate.
                            If you failed, you had to reschedule the test or you wouldn't be able to hunt until you passed.
                            It wasn't about winning a trophy, but a good policy in my opinion.
                            Yessir, the qualifier IMO is a better "gauge" than the actual course, just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                            X