Another boat project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    Seems like the motor alone should sell for way more but I have no interest in then trying to dispose of the hull. Trolling motor could sell for a couple hundred easy. Will need new batteries for sure. Wife is out of town and has not responded to my text about it. With all my other time-draining hobbies I'm thinking this might put me over the top for the dog house.
    Wife not responding to text in the legal world is know as "deemed approval"

Comment

#1 thing to check and have in hand before any money changes hands is titles for boat, motor AND trailer! Without any one of those three, it's more trouble than it's worth to get them! Aside from that, you or your buddy could absolutely make some money on the deal... Fishing, not too efficient for a fishin' boat... Skiing, not very well suited for that either... Cruising the lake... not the best for that either if you want to cruise and stay dry in those front cudde seats... Like someone posted, there's good reason not many of those seen around these days...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        #1 thing to check and have in hand before any money changes hands is titles for boat, motor AND trailer!
        This is true and I've been burned before. Like I said though, this is my neighbor and there is trust. They already did the deal at lunch and went straight to the tax office to change all 3 titles. Now he has to break the news to his wife

Comment

I don’t know how many times I’ve come home and told my wife “ I bought another boat today”.
          Just yesterday, I came home and told her “ I bought a bulldozer today”
          Last edited by Gerald G; 03-19-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
            Wife not responding to text in the legal world is know as "deemed approval"
            Or at the very least, contributory negligence.

Comment

In case you want to see what she looks like when y'all are done

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=804253

In case you want to see what she looks like when y'all are done

That is what this boat looked like before the fire. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: from what we can tell this fire was limited to the trolling motor wiring probably getting chewed by mice and contacting a speaker wire. Ignition side was all fine. Scrapped the TM batteries and wiring and pulled cord through in prep for replacement. Vetted out the ignition side and cranking battery and when confident all was good fired the boat up. Buddy ran it several miles yesterday and even caught a fish out of it. This is maybe 3 hours work so far and got another few to go plus new wires and TM batteries. I think it was a great buy. That little boat hit 50mph yesterday.

Comment

Sweet!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like you got a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Update: from what we can tell this fire was limited to the trolling motor wiring probably getting chewed by mice and contacting a speaker wire. Ignition side was all fine. Scrapped the TM batteries and wiring and pulled cord through in prep for replacement. Vetted out the ignition side and cranking battery and when confident all was good fired the boat up. Buddy ran it several miles yesterday and even caught a fish out of it. This is maybe 3 hours work so far and got another few to go plus new wires and TM batteries. I think it was a great buy. That little boat hit 50mph yesterday.

Horses may be expensive but rats can cost way more to have around.

Comment

Look like a great project

Comment

Working...
                          X