No announcement yet.

Texas bests honky tonks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to live at Hullabaloos in Pasadena.....

Made it to Gilleys a time or 2 before it burned down....4 times

Comment

What a out the Debonair Danceland?

Anyone old enough?

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
        I laughed so hard at this I got some looks from people here at work. Red River on 249 was my hangout way back then. .75 longnecks on Friday night and 1.00 on Saturday night made for some fun times over there but I doubt it would have ever made any best of list.
        Had some good times there too. Especially when it was $.50 Fridays.

My favorite of all times has to be New Bielau dance hall. Had some great times there growing up.

Comment

Back in the day on opening weekend the Rose in Llano was good.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Pretty sure this was Fanny’s when I was younger. Lord, please forgive me.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            And Virginia City before that lol

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
              I laughed so hard at this I got some looks from people here at work. Red River on 249 was my hangout way back then. .75 longnecks on Friday night and 1.00 on Saturday night made for some fun times over there but I doubt it would have ever made any best of list.
              Went there a lot back in the day. Had to drop a deuce in the woods by the parking lot one night. My buddy that hated the place called it "Period Creek".

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                lol the "Ramblin' rose

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  Had some good times there too. Especially when it was $.50 Fridays.

My favorite of all times has to be New Bielau dance hall. Had some great times there growing up.
                  Yep myself also! The fans in the ceiling were still turned by belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    That publication is a joke. Most "best of" was paid for when in that mag. It whose willing to pay most for the page.

Cowboys on Gaston 93'- 97' as my second home. Nickle longnecks on Wednesday night. And alot of fights!
                    That was my favorite in the 90's. Around 1993, CMT had their concert series there where 2-3 famous country stars played each night for a month. Then CMT would broadcast the concerts. I drove over an hour, each way, to Cowboys in Dallas almost every night for that entire month. Saw a lot of good concerts, danced with a lot of good looking women, lost out on a lot of sleep, but it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      kosciusko hall and cestohowa hall back in the day had some wild nights. Those were some women, long and tall and could drink you under the table. Sure are some beautiful women up that way
                      right on! Had some good times there! Lots of beautiful polloks!

Comment

All the old Dance Halls in my neck of the woods are gone. Stetson Hall, Fairchild Hall, Riverside Hall. There was a dance every weekend somewhere. We made the rounds to all of them back in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          Wasn't there one out there called the spotted horse?

Edit: nevermind, the horse was in Hamilton

Comment

London Dance Hall

Comment

the Debonair in east Dallas n the Old Top Rail in West Dallas are a couple of oldies.

Comment

Made it to the Debonair, many nights at the Reo, and time spent at Pines Country Club in Texarkana

Comment

Working...
                                X