Ruger mark iv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger mark iv

Today I purchased a ruger mark IV hunter at the lgs. I hadn’t planned on it but it was just so nice and hadn’t seen one in a longtime that I decided to buy it. After getting it home I’ve realized that although it functions great with no issues there’s a small cosmetic defect that really irritates me and my ocd. I haven’t put any measuring instruments or levels on it but I’m dead certain my rear sight is canted and crooked. It’s not something you can fix with adjusting the sight on the receiver it’s the actual channel machining that is off. I know it’s a mass produced unit. Anyone else ever seen this?

Can you send a picture? That would bug me too.

Comment

I'll give you half price for it if you just can get over it.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your rear blade extends back more than mine does and i wonder if that rear blade could be bent.
          Attached Files

Comment

It may just be the sight itself and not the entire base. I would remove the sight-blade and see if it is bent, etc.

I would have to get that fixed even if it meant sending the gun back to Ruger. I've got a cheap revolver with a canted front-sight. The gun shoots fine but I see that crooked-sight every time I shoot it and it bothers me.

Your Ruger is not a cheap gun.

Comment

You are right. That thing is off. Looks like 4-5 degrees.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yep that would bug me too. I have a MK IV too but not that problem. Contact Ruger and include the pictures. My experience with their customer service has been great.

Comment

Send it to Ruger and they will take care of it. I have always had great results from Ruger customer service.

Comment

Thanks guys. I contacted ruger about it and they said if it wasn’t fixable that they’d reimburse me or try and replace it. They set up an rma for it. Thanks again for the input

Comment

Don't be surprised if the whole process only takes a week. Even with my gun being repaired and returned, they picked it up on Monday and UPS was blocking my driveway when I got home from work on Friday.

Comment

Man that is impressive. I had the stock split on a 350 Rem Mag and I called them up to get another stock expecting to pay for it and all they asked me was my address. Free. That's pretty awesome customer service and I wasn't the original owner.

Comment

Working...
                        X