Why are used Prime bows cheaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are used Prime bows cheaper?

New ones sell at a premium price (>$1000) but a couple year old bow sells much less than Elite, Hoyt, Mathews, and Bowtech. Why is that?

Demand I would think

Lots of demand for the other used brands you listed. Most likely because even though they have been in business for several years most have never heard of them.

Comment

brand recognition

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        brand recognition
        So like Harley vs Honda? Still a decent machine but not with the name attached to it?

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
          So like Harley vs Honda? Still a decent machine but not with the name attached to it?
          I'd say more like Buick vs GMC. Prime is a great bow. There have been long stretches those top 3 got by on brand recognition alone. Now however the market is super competitive.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            One leaks one doesnt.

Comment

Love my last 3 Primes. It also depends on when you are trying to buy / sell?

Comment

Are you talking about the old Prime bows that have 4 cams, and 12 different strings and cables that you need to replace. The new bows went to the inline cam for a reason. I don't think anyone wants to mess with all those strings and cables and tie points.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                  Are you talking about the old Prime bows that have 4 cams, and 12 different strings and cables that you need to replace. The new bows went to the inline cam for a reason. I don't think anyone wants to mess with all those strings and cables and tie points.
                  Last year or 2019 models with the parallel cams

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                    This is likely the reason. Complex and a bit pricey to replace strings/cables.

Comment

Free strings every 2 years.

Comment

hello im peter nice to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                          This is likely the reason. Complex and a bit pricey to replace strings/cables.
                          Primes aren't difficult to replace strings, not to mention new strings every two years- just need to replace/pay someone to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            Primes aren't difficult to replace strings, not to mention new strings every two years- just need to replace/pay someone to replace.
                            This, I replaced my own strings this year on my prime and its the first bow I ever did that on since getting my new press

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
                              Free strings every 2 years.

Original owner only, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X