The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    I thought I lucked out last week when I called Specs asking about Barrel Proof and he said no but we have a shelf full of 18!

I drove down (only about 5 min) and it was all the standard small batch... "My bad, read the wrong line"
    Dang it. But you should have known better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Dang it. But you should have known better.
      The way things have been going lately I should have known! But I am ever an optimist!

Small batch is still one of the best values out there at $26 though so it wasn’t a wasted trip

Comment

Enjoying some Buffalo Trace under the moon. Hard to beat for the price!

Comment

I stopped by the Specs in Corpus and picked up Willet, Noahs Mill, and High West.... they had about 5 bottles of each. I haven't tried any of them before so I bought them because of this thread.

They also had eagle rare and angels envy, which I didn't get because I had enough crap to carry. They had a lot of the Weller, but none of the 12 yr stuff. They had several bottles of stuff that looked worth trying.
          Last edited by Catarina; 03-29-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
            I stopped on the Specs in Corpus and picked up Willet, Noahs Mill, and High West.... they had about 5 bottles of each. I haven't tried any of them before so I bought them because of this thread.

They also had eagle rare and angels envy, which I didn't get because I had enough crap to carry. They had a lot of the Weller, but none of the 12 yr stuff. They had several bottles of stuff that looked worth trying.
            Nice. Which High West? Willet Rye?

Comment

Nice. Which High West? Willet Rye?
              The High West is the double rye, that's the only kind they had. The Willet I got is the same bottle that you posted on the previous page. They had several bottles of each.

They also had a BIG bottle of Elijah Craig and a bottle of Jefferson's cask that I don't think I've seen posted here yet.
              Last edited by Catarina; 03-29-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I've got some Elijah Craig. You missed out!

Comment

The High West is the double rye, that's the only kind they had. The Willet I got is the same bottle that you posted on the previous page. They had several bottles of each.

They also had a BIG bottle of Elijah Craig and a bottle of Jefferson's cask that I don't think I've seen posted here yet.
                  Good choices!

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Heard good things about this bottle, so picked one up. Currently sourced while the new distillery ages their own bourbon that has the same mashbill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

👍🏻
                      Post reviews!

Comment

Elijah Craig Barrel proof, out back with the chiminea going and The Suffers playing... life is good.

Mama is 9mo pregnant so she’s enjoying a moctail of blueberry ice tea

Comment

Has anyone tried a local distillery, Iron Wolf, out of Spicewood TX (about 40 minutes west of Austin)? They have several new flavors, but my favorite is called "Hotscotch". It has a butterscotch base with 6 added peppers for a little heat. They're just getting it in Twin Liquors and some restaurants. A twist, but very good.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            Elijah Craig Barrel proof, out back with the chiminea going and The Suffers playing... life is good.

Mama is 9mo pregnant so she’s enjoying a moctail of blueberry ice tea
                            Nice.

Comment

Change of pace from bourbon and enjoying one of my favorite single malts m, Glenmorangie Signet

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                                Change of pace from bourbon and enjoying one of my favorite single malts m, Glenmorangie Signet

Gonna pick this one up for a party on my days off. Have heard nothing but good said about it. I’ve never had a scotch I liked so we will see

Comment

Working...
                                X