No announcement yet.

Clicking sound right as I draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your bow Black? If so you'll need to get the pockets worked a little. From time the time to time, the smooth black finish against a smooth pocket shim, can cause a creak. It may be a bad yoke hanger, but all the new Mathews come with Teflon hangers. Last but not least, make sure your cables are staying in the roller glide the entire draw cycle.have someone watch it as you draw the bow( with an arrow in it, pointed a safe direction) you may see that one of your strings is slipping out if the rollers. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
      Small drop of lubricant on axle where bushings that strings attach to usually takes care of this.
      This!

Comment

What type of lubricant do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by HHT View Post
          What type of lubricant do you recommend?
          Dry graphite in the squirt bottle.

Comment

I used to have the horrible clickity click click in my shoulder as well. I recommend Dr. Joseph Daniels with Southwest Orthopedics in Fort Worth. The bow well I would take it to the pro shop in your area.

Comment

Those clicking sounds will drive you nuts. I finally figured out that mine was my shoulder...
              I guess all those years of shooting 80 pounds caught up to me.

Comment

talked to technical @ Mathews last week & it seems on the Creed XS's if you back the limb bolts out more than 1 1/2 turns you start getting a noise from the bushing on the roller guard if your bow is backed off try bottoming the limbs out & see if the noise stops

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  My bow was doing that and there was a little set screw that was loose in the bottom cam. I thought it was coming from the area of my rest too.
                  This happened to me.. It made a small click but if I let it down without shooting it would not click on the next draw, only the first draw after a shot..

Comment

I have a similar issue with my 2013 Prime, and a bow tech told me it was a “catch in my cam bearings”. It started as intermittent, but now seems to ‘click’ on almost every draw.

Can you notice a change in POI/accuracy since the clicking or when it clicks? I ask because when my bow was doing it intermittently, the arrow would impact off of my grouping.

Now it does it almost every draw, and the arrows group fine.

I tried adjusting the limb bolts, tightening/loosening the limb pocket set screws, tightening the cam screws, and lube.
                    It still clicks.

Comment

Working...
                    X