Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Where’d you find that info?
    Please keep yourself informed regarding feral Hogs in Texas.... from TPWD and in handbook:
    "Transportation and release of live feral hogs is unlawful, unless in compliance with Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) regulations. The TAHC regulates the movement of feral swine for disease-control purposes. For more information please call TAHC at (800) 550-8242 or visit the Texas Animal Health Commission website.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      There's a reason we have different hunting zones in Texas. Some of you complaining have a COMPLETELY different hog experience than we do. Either you have a hog problem or you dont. On our family land, we don't. We view them as another game animal to hunt throughout the year. We can count on seeing a small group of hogs at a couple feeders on any given night but we are not overrun by any means. No huge sounders destroying feeders, roads, and whatnot. We trap 10 or so in any given weekend and will only release larger boars that we'd like to hunt in the future. Worth mentioning, most guys doing this are killing 50+ pigs for every barrow they release. A huge point i feel is overlooked by the nay-sayers.

I think people fail to realize that THEIR experience is not everybody's... that some people DONT have a hog problem in their surrounding area. Some people trap because its a fun thing to do throughout the weekend and an easy way to try to grow an individual pig for later hunting. Not to mention all the donated meat that goes to needy families throughout the week as our hand traps non stop.

Point is, i think there is a time/place for it and it is not inherently "BAD" as some are implying. Never seen so many people get upset over what a man is doing on his own dang property. Sound like gun grabbers.

Though I assume it is similar, I'm not exactly sure of OP's situation so I'll only speak to my own. You are operating under the presumption that we are "overrun" and that the property isn't ours. Neither are true.

1) How often do you bait cockroaches, mice, etc for the purpose of hunting? I'm on the lookout for a few hippos on my ranch with ear notches this year. In fact, I'm driving 12 hours round trip this weekend for just that. I can only think of a single mouse-hunting thread in the history of TBH but it was pretty hilarious.

2) It IS private property so if you are telling me how to operate, it is your butt that would be "GONE." Lol Really though, someone doing this in an area where they've been hired to remove ALL pigs in order to preserve someone's livelihood is a diff story. Not what OP or myself are describing.

With all due respect, ma'am... they aren't doing any more damage than the hogs you "unwillingly" release AKA "escapees"... These barrows, though, won't reproduce at least.

Carry on, OP.
      Transportation and release of live feral hogs is unlawful, unless in compliance with Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) regulations. The TAHC regulates the movement of feral swine for disease-control purposes. For more information please call TAHC at (800) 550-8242 or visit the Texas Animal Health Commission website.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trophy Hog Quest

He didn’t transport them, as I recall.

People have been catching and cutting hogs for as long as there have been hogs here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X