No announcement yet.

Do you trust your lease members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trusted only the lease manager on my last place. Everyone else had their own agenda. It's definitely best to be on a lease with like minded friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      Mostly but not always. There's this one guy that looks shifty on occasion but I can't put my finger on it.....

Btw-i hunt 450 acres by myself....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      My friend, thats way way too much property for one man to manage. I'll come help you out!

Comment

I trust 60% of my lease members......that's based on a few things that have come to light.

Comment

I dont even trust the neighbors

Comment

I absolutely trust our lease members now but that has not always been the case. We have always stocked our lease with people from TBH. A few of them have been highly active members that posted all the time and were fairly well thought off......lets just say I am glad they are not on the lease anymore. Having said that I have also had some TBH'ers that were on and then left for various reasons through the years that are still friends to this day. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              My friend, thats way way too much property for one man to manage. I'll come help you out!
              I wish I could agree with you but due to farming ranching and oil field it hunts like 200. Plus the land owner just cleared a 60 acre area that was a thick jungle which I stayed out of as a sanctuary.

It was once a great little lease good for a 130 class deer most every year but I've seen declining numbers and can't seem to get a deer past 3. I know I've got more neighbors hunting than in years past as well.

Didn't mean to complain as it's close and cheap and there's many without a lease, hopefully it will return to what it was a few years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                it was only a deer before you made a conscience decision to be a selfish, greedy, entitled, narcissistic, above the rules member, "my friend"!

now remind me, "my friend" who caused this issue? and why are we having this discussion?

trust? no way. you have to earn trust. and no one should throw you a ticker tape parade for always doing what you are supposed to be doing. that was the agreement up front, "my friend".
                Details?

Comment

No, but not in the sense of follow rules on deer. Instead more like following the moral code of looking out for one another. That’s why i pretty much hunt alone easier to rely on yourself than others

Comment

The best thing is not to dwell on this as it will eat you up and destroy your social skills and your ability to trust anyone, just enjoy. If you catch someone doing wrong deal with it swiftly and sternly. And enjoy life, Deer do a good job reproducing,

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                      I was told several years ago, if you really want to know someone ... get on a deer lease with them. There can be good and bad with that.
                      X1927383 truth to that

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                        Details?
                        This!

Comment

Been good read...I been on a few that Had a problem.

Comment

Yes I trust my only one... its my dad lol.

Other leases I have been on no way I trusted any of them but also cant do much about it.

Comment

My lease has 4 members on 2800 acres. We have no drama and trust each other 100%. I've had it for 15 years and early on when I had a lot more hunters on the place there was definitely people I had to get rid of because of not following the rules. Its much simpler now though, life is good with less lease members that you know will not bend the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                                58 members on 6000 acres is crazy for me to imagine alone much less not following rules on it. I hunt on 4500 with 8 guys. We always thought adding but never follow up on it.
                                If y'all ever decide to add one or two let me know

Comment

Working...
                                X