Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Bownanza > Bownanza 2010

Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #51
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

We prob need to get setup pretty early and figure out our receipe...... Its gonna take a little bit for it to freeze up to the right thickness. YOu dont want to do like the cater did at my cousins wedding and not start them soon enough and served margiriata slop....

I have a 8 ft table if that would be better........

Are we missing anything....... Do I need to bring anythign beside my hands and taste buds.
TxSuperDad is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #52
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I will be there at daybreak. I got some cups as well. We will set up somewhere between team Bar and Team Hotlips. Do I need to bring my little coleman generator. I can't remember where the electricity is.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #53
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

This is my first nanza Brandon so I dont know about the power... I would prob say bring it just in case.. Ill throw some extension cords in the truck so if we are close enough we dont have to waste your gas and listen to that thing all day..

Ill go ahead and bring my table im sure we can use it...

I didnt see anybody say paper towels so ill throw those on the truck as well. Some dish towels and trash bags.

Ill cover all the important stuff that was over looked

Ill be there betwen 7 and 8am
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #54
techbowhunter7
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mills County

sounds good guys, cant wait until saturday. I am going to be driving down saturday morning so I will see yall about 9 or 10. Il bring some cups, towels, mix, and tequila. Dont think it will be a big problem if we have too much...That will just mean more for us to drink. See yall then!
techbowhunter7 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #55
gandergitter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Franklin, Texas and Colorado

Ill still be bringin the table. Had the misses stop and pick up everything this evening.
Ill be there early, around 9ish.

Mike Gordon
979-204-8773
gandergitter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #56
SFC Warren
Six Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

I got cups and the salt. Will be heading down after work today. Should be there sometime after 7 this evening.
SFC Warren is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #57
ElWhompo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comanche, Tx

Looks like I'll be able to make it afterall ... I'll bring some tequila & gloves unless smebody can think of somethn else instead. Be headin in tonite.
ElWhompo is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #58
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandergitter View Post
Ill still be bringin the table. Had the misses stop and pick up everything this evening.
Ill be there early, around 9ish.

Mike Gordon
979-204-8773
More like 2 hours late

Gonna be good to see ya again Mike
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #59
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Picked up the Margarita Machine and cart. If anybody is going to the grocery store we need to pick up some limes.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #60
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

I will bring some limes
quackerback is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #61
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Almost packed up and getting ready to head down after I pick up my daughter from school...

FYI to you guys and anyone who might you might talk too. Ive got a extra room for tonight at Hawthorn $35 and a extra bed at the western tomorrow night $60... Call me 817-344-0425
Old 03-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #62
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Guys it was a great turn out and everyone did a great job helping out. We made alot of people smile yesterday and made some others stumble and fall. Even some of them lost IQ points.

Hope everyone had a great time and made it home safe.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #63
txbowhunter31
Ten Point

Hunt In: SHNF,DCNF,Granger Lake,Lake Meridith,Lake Whitney and my back yard

My wife wanted me to thank everyone involved in Team Margarita.
and I would like to thank yall too since me wife could not get up from her chair I got to stay longer
Good job guys!
txbowhunter31 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #64
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Im glad we were able to buy you some more time lol...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #65
quackerback
Pope & Young

thanks to everyone that helped on the team. we had a great time. i cant wait till next year.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #66
techbowhunter7
Eight Point

already looking forward to next year...
Old 03-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #67
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Ive already started planning lol...

We WILL have team shirts next year
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #68
Fig
Ten Point

Cody,

I am definitely on this team next year.
Fig is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #69
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
Cody,

I am definitely on this team next year.
Uh ohh were in trouble now lol. Glad we could make you a customer for life
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #70
quackerback
Pope & Young

i am going to try and make a mini bar for the team. i will make it half as tall as the team bar one. it will give us a place to put a tip jar and be a little more organized. i am going to make it look similar to team bar since we will be set up next to them again.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #71
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Ya'll did a great job. Looks like next year 2 machines maybe in order.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #72
gandergitter
Ten Point

Had a great time this year. im all in for next year. Now that we have a base line, I think it will go a lot smoother. So the running list for next year includes, bar, Shirts, and ALOT more mix and tequila..........
Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #73
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
i am going to try and make a mini bar for the team. i will make it half as tall as the team bar one. it will give us a place to put a tip jar and be a little more organized. i am going to make it look similar to team bar since we will be set up next to them again.
I was way ahead of you Philip but was gonna make it suprise as I finished working on it... I own a cabinet shop and build stuff all day long so it might be easier for me to work on over the next year and store it... Let me know though I dont want to steal your thunder since you were the first to go public with it. If you werent so far away we could work on it together at my shop.. I could make Mike come down and help though lol...

I think it will be good to to kinda control everything off.... I think a couple of guys were ready to just drink from the machine..

Anyways let me knwo what you want too do. Ive got some ideas written down and drawn up on it already for the front to deck it out..
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #74
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Ya'll did a great job. Looks like next year 2 machines maybe in order.
At least too because humper wants to mix his Blood Marys in one so he doesnt have to make them each time... I think we did alright keeping it going. Our biggest problem was not having enough on hand to keep it coming out frozen... We will have it taken care of next year... I think Team Rita is around to stay.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #75
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Had a great time this year. im all in for next year. Now that we have a base line, I think it will go a lot smoother. So the running list for next year includes, bar, Shirts, and ALOT more mix and tequila..........
Mike as always it was a pleasure to see you and talk with you. Glad I got to spend the day visiting. Pleasure meeting your wife as well even though I cant remember her name. Sorry she took off before I got a chance to say good bye.

All of your wifes and gfs that were around me all day. Im not positive of everything that came out of my mouth but I know most of it wasnt pleaseant after about rita number 7.. So if I offended anyone or said one too many cuss words I apologize for saturday and next year lol...

Hope i was mostly behaved.

Philip im sorry I cant remember your wifes name either. I do remember Macy though. And Cassandra... James's girlfriend who drove me to Specs on the last tripp...... Even though you could see over the steering wheel she knew how to drive that truck lol....
Old 03-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #76
gandergitter
Ten Point

Amber is a trooper and she is used to the oilfield crew I tend to run with so be assured you didnt offend her. Let me know on the bar plans. I can probably sneak a weekend away to lend a hand. I deffinently think team rita' is permanent. Im thinkin we hit up the sponsor we talked about and maybe see about some daiquiris too. I was honestly surprised how many fellers were drinking ritas'
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #77
spur
Ten Point

Hunt In: "Leaseless and Looking"

Next year I want video survallance of Team Margarita set up..... I had know idea how many times my wife frequented your establishment.....I think she is still 1/2 sloshed That way I can know when to serve her the non-alcohol...... she cracked me up once I figured out what 2+2 was.... been about 20 years since I seen her that hammered.

Last edited by spur; 03-15-2010 at 08:00 PM.
spur is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #78
quackerback
Pope & Young

cody if you have all the stuff to make the bar go ahead. i usually work 6 days a week so it might be easier for you to do it. the only thing i was thinking was not to make it as tall as team bar. if we have the machines on the carts like this year they will be hidden from people walking by. i guess if we have plenty of signage it will be ok to be taller.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #79
quackerback
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by spur View Post
Next year I want video survallance of Team Margarita set up..... I had know idea how many times my wife frequented your establishment.....I think she is still 1/2 sloshed That way I can know when to serve her the non-alcohol...... she cracked me up once I figured out what 2+2 was.... been about 20 years since I seen her that hammered.
next year you will have to come by and check the team out. she said you got a little tired. tell her to come on back we like out loyal customers.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #80
quackerback
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
At least too because humper wants to mix his Blood Marys in one so he doesnt have to make them each time... I think we did alright keeping it going. Our biggest problem was not having enough on hand to keep it coming out frozen... We will have it taken care of next year... I think Team Rita is around to stay.
if we have 2 machines, after team bloody mary calls it a morning we can clean the machine and start making more margaritas or like mike suggested daqaris. we can do a survey a little before nanza next year and see if the daquaris are wanted.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #81
spur
Ten Point

Im bringing a shock collar next year..... I thought she was mad then my brain started to rewind to the "good ole days" and I recognized the signs..... fortunately every one else was tight enuff to not notice.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #82
techbowhunter7
Eight Point

team margarita was defitnitely a big hit, I have a couple of possible leads on a sponsorship that I will work on before next year. it was good to meet you guys and i will definitely be staying til dark next year
Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #83
Double L
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Guys, this was a great addition to Bownanza!!! Thanks to Brandon, Philip, Cody, Mike and anybody else that I missed. Team 'Rita was definitely a huge hit!
Double L is offline   Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #84
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Amber is a trooper and she is used to the oilfield crew I tend to run with so be assured you didnt offend her. Let me know on the bar plans. I can probably sneak a weekend away to lend a hand. I deffinently think team rita' is permanent. Im thinkin we hit up the sponsor we talked about and maybe see about some daiquiris too. I was honestly surprised how many fellers were drinking ritas'
Put my number in your phone and send me a text when you do. Ill save yours. We can hangout at the shop one day and drink more then work... Thats the way it should be lol... 817-344-0425
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #85
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
Im bringing a shock collar next year..... I thought she was mad then my brain started to rewind to the "good ole days" and I recognized the signs..... fortunately every one else was tight enuff to not notice.
Glad we could bring some life back into your marriage lol
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #86
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
cody if you have all the stuff to make the bar go ahead. i usually work 6 days a week so it might be easier for you to do it. the only thing i was thinking was not to make it as tall as team bar. if we have the machines on the carts like this year they will be hidden from people walking by. i guess if we have plenty of signage it will be ok to be taller.
Quote:
if we have 2 machines, after team bloody mary calls it a morning we can clean the machine and start making more margaritas or like mike suggested daqaris. we can do a survey a little before nanza next year and see if the daquaris are wanted.
Kool I will prob build it about half way between table height and the height of team bar... We had some issues keeping cups on the table and what not... I will also be purchasing a serving container for the limes next year.... The bar will be kick *** guys we will have way more traffic next year just because of this... I will post pictures when it is done.

I was thinking the same thing Phillip about cleaning it up. We could do rum runners... But then again guys if we add another drink were gonna have to have all the supplys for that as well... We might need to wait and see how many we get on board next year first..
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #87
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbowhunter7 View Post
team margarita was defitnitely a big hit, I have a couple of possible leads on a sponsorship that I will work on before next year. it was good to meet you guys and i will definitely be staying til dark next year
Let me know what happens. Im gonna hit up a few local stores first and see what they have to say because it would be easier to deal with them but im gonna see if I can get a hold of a local rep for Jose Quirvo that is probl gonna be the best way to go...
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #88
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbowhunter7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Guys, this was a great addition to Bownanza!!! Thanks to Brandon, Philip, Cody, Mike and anybody else that I missed. Team 'Rita was definitely a huge hit!
Larry all I have to say to you is.... Can I get you another Refill lol...

Thanks for the support Buddy.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #89
gandergitter
Ten Point

Cody, Ill stop by specs in College Station periodically and talk to the manager just to keep a bug in his ear for next year. Im there a couple of weekends a month. I think a sponsor local to the event will probably be pretty willing to help us out.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #90
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Guys we need to really decorate this thing up. Get some lights and what not. It would be awesome if we can have a portable top as well and line with some off that fake grass. Kinda like a tiki hut.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #91
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Way ahead of ya Brandon. We will have just as many sitting at team rita next year as team bar does..
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #92
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Just right Cody. I will keep my eye open for some off that grass skirting they use for duck blinds. Let me know of anything else. I can see Team Rita jamming to a little Bob Marley next yext year.

On the shirts we need to go with a tropical them.

Last edited by BrandonA; 03-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #93
spur
Ten Point

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Just right Cody. I will keep my eye open for some off that grass skirting they use for duck blinds. Let me know of anything else. I can see Team Rita jamming to a little Bob Marley next yext year.

On the shirts we need to go with a tropical them.
Your gonna have to plan it so it doesent interfere with the long and short rounds at Houston next year.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #94
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Brandon I already have the hook up for the shirts for next year. Dont know ive a hawaian type shirt is possible thorugh him and not sure how many are gonna wanna wear it lol... Plus you know you will have on a hot lips shirt... Ive got some ideas stirring on the shirts and it willl prob change from time to time over the next year... Im gonna see if I cant get Larry to help me out on the design..
Old 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #95
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the deer live

Quote:
well if you're gonna build a bar, you might as well go all out and build a redneck margarita machine too. they're pretty simple to make and nothing says TBH like a DIY margarita machine!! make it like this one with a bigger base and everyone that gets a drink can sign it. just a thought...

SKLOSS is offline   Back To The Top